FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » To anyone who can help me, especially Arabs/Arab Americans (homework help)

Author Topic: To anyone who can help me, especially Arabs/Arab Americans (homework help)
Kelly
Member # 9576

- posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone here ever seen the movie Syriana?

I had to watch it for an ethnic studies class and was wondering if you could give me your opinion on the way Arabs are portrayed in the movie. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you think of the way Arabs are portrayed in the movie, Kelly?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I first read "ethics studies class", and was going to volunteer to help you, since I'm TAing a course entitled "Ethics in Film." But I have nothing on ethnic studies, really.

Try bouncing some ideas around this thread (as Noemon suggested), and people will probably pop in to tell you what they think of your ideas.

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see the movie, but there was a thread here on Hatrack a while ago discussing the film.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.