FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Zooey Deschanel

Author Topic: Zooey Deschanel
GForce
Member # 9584

- posted      Profile for GForce   Email GForce         Edit/Delete Post 
Zooey Deschanel is one of those people who I literally fall in love with after watching them for 5 minutes. I've really only seen here in "Hitchiker" and that "Once Upon a Mattress" they had on ABC a while back, and about 5 minutes of "Elf", and to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with her acting ability. Did that stop me from being gaga over her, though? No, it certainly did not. So why am I so attracted to her? Well, when it comes to people who do this to me, I see something of a pattern. They are generally approximately my age. Give or take 10 years maybe (mostly give, cause I'm not attracted to that many 12 year olds). They don't have to be stunningly beautiful, but they do have to look "interesting", and I don't know how else to describe it. Whenever I'm inexplicably attracted to somebody, it's because they look "interesting". Does this make sense to anybody else?
Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose. I really liked Zooey in "The New Guy." You should check it out.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GForce
Member # 9584

I said I wasn't impressed with her acting ability, but when she stared at Arthur at that party and said "Let's go to Madagascar", my heart melted. Perhaps that was a weird time for it to melt, but like I said, inexplicably attracted to the girl.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, she's super hot. I can't explain it either.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seven
Member # 5367

- posted      Profile for seven           Edit/Delete Post 
LOVE her in Almost Famous but thats all I've seen her in.
Posts: 46 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
She's been my celebrity crush for some time now.

Her singing voice is like something out of an old Bing Crosby movie, and she's cute.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I thought I was the only one with a super secret crush on her.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GForce
Member # 9584

With a name like Wowbagger, how could you not be a Deschenal fan?
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite films is the quietly understated 'All the Real Girls', and she's great in it. It's a movie I love and heartily recommend.

Also: She's playing Janice Joplin, you know. I wonder if they'll try to make her ... I don't want to say "ugly" because that's the last thing Janice Joplin was...... But certainly she wasn't striking in the same kind of cute way that Zooey Deschanel is.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually it was elf that got me....
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GForce
Member # 9584

When is this Janis Joplin movie coming out?
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
2008 according to imdb.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
"Failure To Launch" was a fairly unremarkable movie otherwise, but Zooey Deschanel stole every scene she was in. I think she's absolutely adorable.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Dark hair, biiiig dark eyes, girl next door kinda look (but not in a Kirsten Dunst way)...

Yeah. She's got it.

Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
My old roommate had an *obsession* with ZD. He had all of her movies and big pictures of her and stuff--he was a theatre major.

I still think she's positively adorable--but she definitely looks SMART, too, which is what makes her stand out from the others. Her and Anna Paquin are probably my fav. young actresses.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

- posted      Profile for Cactus Jack           Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, she was in Failure to Launch? I should have watched it when my wife rented it. I'd have got brownie points w/the wife, and got to she Zooey steal scenes.

I'm dissapointed with this thread, though. I thought I had this girl all to myself.

Posts: 241 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved her in Eulogy, but she was rat@$$ crazy in Weeds. Still completely adorable.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I love her as well. Her older sister Emily I think is just as attractive.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked her well enough in Hitchhiker's, but I think my primary actress crush right now would have to be Amy Acker -- or possibly just the character she plays in Angel.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Which character she played in Angel?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Fred
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Winifred "Fred" Burkle.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GForce
Member # 9584

Amy Adams is another actress like that. That speech she gave to Will Ferrel at the bar in Talledega Nights. . . Well, I would've pledged myself to her right there.
Lisa
Member # 8384

I just didn't know whether you meant Fred or Illyria.
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
My exhausted mind last night read this topic as "Zoog Disneychannel." Not sure why.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Occasional
Member # 5860

- posted      Profile for Occasional   Email Occasional         Edit/Delete Post 
I can totally see that JTKirk. Now I see that everytime I look at the post name. By the way, I was "smitten" by her when I saw Hitchhickers Guide because of her less than hollywood slut looks. When I saw her in Elf, complete with singing voice, I was hooked. Guess I will be looking for more movies with her in it. Not the best actress, but someone worth watching.
Posts: 2207 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.