FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Benny Hinn needs a new corporate jet

Author Topic: Benny Hinn needs a new corporate jet
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Won't you please help?

quote:

Purchasing this incredible ministry tool is monumental and historic. We have never bought any plane with this much range or capability that will crisscross the globe repeatedly so I can present the Gospel in person to unprecedented millions of precious souls who will accept and come to know our wonderful Jesus as their eternal Savior.

quote:

Open your heart to what God would have you do. For your gift of $1,000 or more, you will receive these thank-you gifts to show my appreciation:

* You will receive a beautiful art-quality model of Dove One for your desk or mantle as a constant reminder that you are a vital part of this last-days harvest for souls.
* Your name will be placed prominently in a special area of Dove One where I study and pray during my travels, where I will also pray for you and your family as I go around the world preaching the Gospel. Everywhere I fly, your name will travel with me, millions of miles and for years to come, reminding me that you have made it possible for me to go and preach as God has called me to do.

quote:

In Isaiah 6:8 the Lord asks, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Long ago I said, "I will go, Lord. Send me!" But I cannot do it without you, nor can I do all our wonderful Lord has called me to do without Dove One!

Dear Partner, I am counting on you. Will you help me take the Gospel to the nations with your Dove One gift of $1,000 or more?

For souls,

Benny Hinn

Nuff said.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Well, o.k., maybe a little more.

quote:

As a proponent of the Word of Faith doctrine, Benny Hinn has been criticized by other Christian ministries who oppose such teachings, such as Personal Freedom Outreach and the Dallas-based Trinity Foundation. Personal Freedom Outreach critiques his ministry extensively in a book entitled The Confusing World of Benny Hinn (ISBN 1-885591-94-2). His allegedly lavish lifestyle (for instance, traveling by private jet[3]) in particular is often criticized[citation needed], alongside allegations that his ministry exists first and foremost as a money-making machine with little financial accountability.[4]

The Trinity Foundation devotes considerable resources towards scrutinizing Hinn's financial affairs, including his ministry's tax-exempt status as a church.[5] It claims that its investigations prove that Hinn's ministry does not meet IRS guidelines for church designation, as he does not conduct "regular public worship services" at his headquarters which Hinn lists as the church address.[citation needed] Largely at their instigation, the status of Hinn's ministry has been investigated by the IRS and the Tarrant County Appraisal District, who are responsible for determining the assessed value of real estate for tax purposes and for granting property tax exemptions in Grapevine.[6]

Investigative journalist Bob McKeown aired programs on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's (CBC) the fifth estate on November 3, 2004,[4] and on Dateline NBC on December 27, 2002, with a follow-up investigation on March 6, 2005[citation needed], claiming that Hinn lives a lavish lifestyle and that his ministry uses only a small percentage of its revenues for charitable purposes, and questioning his claims of successful faith healing. Hinn responded in a letter on March 10, 2005, in which he denied any financial impropriety and claimed that the broadcasts were concerned with ratings, not truth.[3][7]

Benny Hinn is also criticized for regularly issuing specific prophecies regarding events that he claims will occur within specific periods of time. These prophecies have a dubious history of reliability. Examples of such prophecies include that Fidel Castro would die in the 1990s[8]; the homosexual community would be destroyed "with fire" in 1994 or 1995 [9]; an earthquake would destroy much of the U.S. East Coast in the 1990s [10]; and people would be raised from the dead to watch the Trinity Broadcasting Network.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Do the Neilson ratings even count dead viewers?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Well, zombies, technically.
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a new X-Box 360 to further my ministry and harvest souls.

Please give generously:

Paypal

[Evil]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
He wasn't completely wrong in his prophecies. The homosexual community was certainly "on fire" in 1994/1995.

[Party]

in fact, we haven't cooled down yet! [Eek!]

[ December 05, 2006, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: KarlEd ]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
If only he could get that pimped out chariot that Elijah was packing.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus He knows me, and He knows I'm right...Get me 18 million dollars by the weekend!
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
The guy is evil. It's priestcraft, preaching for hire. And that's not a slap at churches that have paid ministries. This guy's in a special category. He runs a circus.
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats KarlEd. I've got a bunch of damp firewood on my porch, if you wouldn't mind coming over tonight, I've been having a heck of a time getting a fire going, and I could really use some gay help [Smile]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I can not stand this type of preacher. It makes it hard for real Christians (or people of any faith) to share. Unfortunately, that is the face of Christianity for many people.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*spew*

MightyCow just asked KarlEd for "gay help" with his wood.

[ROFL]

*wipes screen*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get it.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know...

MightyCow's wood is a little damp already. If KarlEd comes to offer some gay help with the wood, then, well, maybe the wood will not be useable anymore when KE comes. It'll be all wet and unburnable.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Benny Hinn would frown on the level of homouendo going on in this thread.

If this is Frequent Jesus Miles for Benny Hinn, I think he should have to share the jet with ALL Christians. So, head on over to FJM.com and sign up for your spiritual flight today. I plan on visiting some churches in Hawaii with my time. It will be a very, ahem, spiritual experience.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
MC,
After Karl leaves you may be able to handle that on your own from then on. [Wink]

(Sorry Chris, couldn't resist)

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyler
Member # 9930

- posted      Profile for Tyler   Email Tyler         Edit/Delete Post 
this man makes me sick.

anyone here happen to have read OSC short story 'saving grace' involving a character scary similar to Big Benny? its in 'maps in a mirror'
good stuff.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the question, though. Are we talking kindling here, or a great big hulking log? Because frankly, I'm betting a little stick wouldn't be worth Karl's time.

((Too much?))

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

*snort*
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
I don't get it.

Neither does MC, evidently; maybe with a little help from Karl...
Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
O.o

I only just clicked on the link to the original article. I was so sure this was a spoof.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
I don't get it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neither does MC, evidently; maybe with a little help from Karl...

Well, Benny Hinn seems to be getting it, and giving it to everyone in his congregation.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Benny Hill needs a new corporate jet.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.