FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do it, Rockapella!

Author Topic: Do it, Rockapella!
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to brag about the Rockapella Christmas concert I just saw. They were awesome, as usual. You may remember them as the band from the television show, "Where in the World is Carmen San Diego", if you don't already know of their fantastic musical talent.

If you don't have their Christmas CDs, I would recommend them highly. Very fine, non-sappy Christmas music is difficult to find, but both their Christmas CDs are great. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Rockapella, and I miss Where in the World is Carmen San Diego. That was a good show [Smile]

A on the issue of good non-sappy Christmas CDs, may I recommend A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi(sp?).

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I am totally addicted to Rockapella. That and Disney (and increasingly more and more, Ben Folds) are probably my most frequently played playlists on iTunes. [Smile] I am SO jealous that you got to see them in concert!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Rockapella... Up in MA a few years ago they sang at the 'Taste of Hadley'. It was awesome... : )
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I love Rockapella, too. [Smile]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alcon:
I love Rockapella, and I miss Where in the World is Carmen San Diego. That was a good show [Smile]

Seconded on both counts.

[brag] I got to meet them, and I may even still have that autographed picture somewhere. [/brag]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I think they have totally different members now than they did when Carmen Sandiego was on.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Even when I met them (late 1991) they had already replaced one (original) member.

Pretty Scott Leonard is a founding member, neh?

And Jeff Thacher joined the group while they were still on Carmen Sandiego.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Every time they add a new member, it takes me a little while to get used to the new sound, but I have yet to be disappointed by one of their shows. I got to meet them a few years back, but I didn't get any autographed photos [Frown]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard them this fall singing with the Utah Symphony. It was a fantantic evening.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] I had a tape of them on cassette. Remember cassettes? It died. [Cry]
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Rockapella is kind of like the Battlefield Band-- members come and go, but the music stays great.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.