FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Did this film actually exist? Or did I imagine it?

Author Topic: Did this film actually exist? Or did I imagine it?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I have vague memories of watching an animated movie about Raggedy Ann & Andy as a child. It had some very freaky sequences, including what I remember as a giant blob made out of living candy...who wanted to eat Ann's heart.

Nobody else I know seems to recall this film.

I do remember it was on Nickelodeon.

Real film? Fever dream?

[ December 11, 2006, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Puffy Treat ]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure I remember it. Especially the part where the main character said, "It doesn't do anything. That's the beauty of it."
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw that! It practically gave me nightmares.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, Papa Moose beat me to the punchline!!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a vague memory of it. Vague enough that I haven't the slightest idea what the name would be or even when I would've seen it, but I am reasonably sure that I have seen it. [Dont Know]
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Here you go. Didn't see it, but from skimming this page, it sounds QUITE freaky. [Angst]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude...I haven't thought about this movie for years. But now it comes rushing back quite vividly...it really freaked me out as a kid. These kids I used to babysit for absolutely loved it, and even watching it with them as a teenager was a creepy experience.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. After reading that synopsis, I remember watching part of it when I was 3. My sister was supposed to be watching me but was actually talking on the phone. I was so freaked out I started crying, which is when my mother came in, and turned it off and yelled at my sister...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh. I just watched looked up the film on YouTube...watched...the Greedy sequence.

What were they thinking?

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
I own this movie, my dad taped it off the air.

I ADORE it, but it does have images and sequences that make you think the filmmakers intended heavy hallucinogenic drug usage during watching...

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember that one. It's almost as horrifying as Return to Oz.
Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Lol! I remember return to oz! That was with those robots, right?

Quote from the website about raggedy ann movie: "is a surprising amount of adult subtext attached to the sea captain character, with his long moustache going erect at the sight of Babette as well the area right above his groin visibly pulsing and swelling."

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
This one came along after I would have been watching this sort of thing, but the reaction of MyrddinFyre brings to mind "The Five Thousand Fingers of Dr. T" which was written by Dr. Seuss and came out sometime in the early/mid 1950s. I saw it on TV when I was maybe four or five years old, and it horrified me. I mean, I was brought up on science fiction and horror movies. Frankenstein and The Mummy and Dracula didn't bother me at all at around the same age, but this thing just scared the you know what out of me.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
I did see this movie, but I was young enough that I don't recall a lot. I thought it was wicked cool, though.
Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
I think some of us, namely me, who are emotionally scarred for life by some of the so-called children's programming. I remember my parents hyping Raggedy Ann & Andy as it came on TV. My grandmother for some reason thought I was really into Raggedy Ann & Andy and bought me the dolls, lunchbox, etc. to which I conveniently lost with in days. I was only 6 years old and into Lego and matchbox cars. What gave them the idea that these freaks of nature were appealing to an overly sensitive child? Then came Annie, the one with no pupils in her eyes. Then it was Charley and the Chocolate factory to which I sill have waking nightmares even as an adult. Even Lady Elaine from The Mr. Rogers Neighborhood was a very creepy character for me. I can only imagine if I were a child today what the likes of the teletubies would have done to my psyche.
Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
--!

Wow, I watched that. I don't remember being frightened by it (though I was oddly scared of certain other movies which shall remain nameless).

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, c'mon, you can't just say that! What was it! Honey I Shrunk the Kids? The Land Before Time? Rainbow Bright??
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh... I loved that cartoon. [Smile]
Giant blob of living candy...
"And until I get a sweetheart, I can never get enough" *munch*munch*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.