FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fantasy Politics

Author Topic: Fantasy Politics
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
This is a game my pal and I play.

Pick any two people from history from anywhere in the world. If you were able to reincarnate them and teach them everything about all the advacements of soceity and acclimate them to life and politics of the present, could they win the persidential election of the United States if the ran? For example:

Wintons Churchill & Mahatma Ghandi

vs

Ghengis Khan & Thomas Jefferson

What do you think would be an interesting fantasy political election?

What do you think would be an unbeatable combination?

Edit: Obviously, ignore the natural born citizen rule

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Bunyan & Anyone.

Superman & Supergirl.

Edit: oh, do they have to be real?

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gecko
Member # 8160

haha, yes, real people
Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rotar Mode
Member # 9898

- posted      Profile for Rotar Mode   Email Rotar Mode         Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus Christ and Sidhartha Gautama (peace be upon them)

vs.

Karl Marx and Friedrich Nietzsche.

I wonder who would win.

Posts: 155 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gecko
Member # 8160

Rotar, regardless of who would win, the country would have its first Jewish president.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Are we assuming that they're independently wealthy and well-connected to special interest groups? Because I think that matters a lot more than their actual abilities and personalities.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Fantasy Politics
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Jefferson wouldn't stay on the bill with Genghis Khan anyway. Nor would Ghandi stay on a ticket with Churchill. Now it's 4-way.

Genghis Khan orders people to kill populations of entire cities, and nobody will listen, so he tries to show how it's done. He's in jail awaiting charges of terrorism, rape, and arson. This cuts into his campaign appearances and he gets 0.5% of the vote in the New Hampshire primary. That 0.5% wants watching.

Ghandi points out that Jefferson had slaves, and Jefferson says, at least I wasn't a Grand Wizard of the KKK like Senator Byrd, and -- who wrote the Constitution? He's wiped out in the primary.

Ghandi accuses Churchill of being an imperialist (true enough), but Churchill's campaign circulates that picture of Ghandi with that cute little handpowered loom, with the caption GHANDI'S PLAN FOR AMERICAN JOBS. Super Tuesday puts Ghandi's hopes to rest.

Churchill gets an even bigger landslide than Reagan in '84. The New York Times gets 8 years to complain that his rhetoric is too divisive and he really should stop talking so rough about the Nazis. Every time he gives a speech Katie Couric asks if there's room for nuance in American politics, and Churchill says, "Hell, no." Big winner: political cartoonists who like to draw bulldogs.

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.