FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Saints win NFC South

Author Topic: Saints win NFC South
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
All they need is to win one more game or have Atlanta and Carolina lose one each.

That will happen.

Congrats Saints and Saint fans.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I know! I'm so excited!

I've never lived in a city with a good football team so this is a special treat since the last time I watched a Saints game (befor this season) was three years and it was a disaster.

I'm visiting my bf in New Orleans right now (I live outside the city) and I've been having a blast going to Sunday game parties. If they go the Superbowl, this place is gonna explode.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't jinx it, a-holes!

/pessimist

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

Despite the Saints' losing today, my prediciton has come to pass.

Congrats Saints (and Dallas... you guys win the division, we Cowboys now have Wild Card advantage on everyone else so we clinch a playoff spot in the process).

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatrkr81
Member # 9317

- posted      Profile for hatrkr81   Email hatrkr81         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo Saints! So the game sucked today, but at least we still get the south. Hope the Giants game next weekend is better. Agreed Shanna, this place is going to go NUTS if we make it...but I also agree with El JT...don't jinx it!
Posts: 124 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for the playoff entry.

And no more of me getting excited about the games. This last one was painful to watch. I wouldn't have guessed that it was the same team that was kicking butt the week before.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

No offense to any Saints fans but the Saints/Cowboys game was kind of a "perfect storm" of sorts-- you won't see it happen again... which is not at all to take anything away from an outstanding game or a team that I have been saying is for real, all year long. Ask JT if I didn't predict the Saints winning the NFC South after the first Atlanta game...
Sopwith, again
Member # 9457

- posted      Profile for Sopwith, again   Email Sopwith, again         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to the Saints! It's been a long time coming. Anyone want to take a shot at this being the Drew Brees Bowl for the Super Bowl this year?

And man, Carolina has completely fallen apart. Coach Jim Logan, on his radio show, once postulated that now and then a poor team will have an "Innocent Rising" wherein all of the players unconsciously and unselfishly put their own desires to the side and work as a team to be great, much like Wake Forest did this year to reach the Orange Bowl. Sadly, I think the Panthers had an "Innocent Sinking" whereupon, unconsciously and unselfishly they all unspokenly agreed to just suck like no one else had sucked before.

Posts: 45 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

You know they have a legit chance at going to their first super bowl this year. Their defense is weak, but Brees is having a career year. I was mystified that the Chargers let him go.... I know Rivers has been fine, but man... Brees is just awesome. Clearly they can beat the Cowboys, Seattle is a non factor (and may not make the playoffs!) and the Bears, well all that needs to be said about them is that they had the ball, 1:17 to go with three time outs in a tie game against a *weak* team and they ran the clock out rather than try to win in regulation... talk about no faith in your QB!

As for Carolina, I was very worried about them early on, like everyone else, but right before the season started I took a look at their schedule last year-- the NFC South played the NFL's two easiest divisions last year and this yeard had what looked like the two hardest (I don't think anyone quite realized the Chargers would be this good or Washington would have the record they have). I said before the year started that I didn't know who it would be, but that 9-7 would be enough to win the NFC South... and lo and behold, the Saints have clinched the south with 9 wins.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.