FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is 24 hours too early.... (update: got the job!)

Author Topic: Is 24 hours too early.... (update: got the job!)
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 12, 2007, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Zeugma ]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I've given up on worrying about job interviews. I've had what I thought were phenomenal interviews and never gotten the job. On the other hand, I've had what I thought were terrible interviews and gotten the job. There's just no sense worrying about it.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*hug*

Stormy's right.

Deep breaths!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Satlin
Member # 1593

- posted      Profile for Satlin   Email Satlin         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost universally, the interviews I think go badly are the ones that turn out to land me the job/scholarship/grant I'm applying for. So don't lose hope! And if they don't call you back they don't deserve you anyhow.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!

[Party]

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Big Grin]

Make sure you get together with the NY-area Hatrackers while you're there. They're fun people. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Zeugma, can I say I've immensely enjoyed the privilege of "watching" you make your dream to be a professional animator happen - from your first posts about the program you were considering, through school, and now this. Thank you for sharing the process with us as you have.

Congratulations and well done!

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dagonee:
Zeugma, can I say I've immensely enjoyed the privilege of "watching" you make your dream to be a professional animator happen - from your first posts about the program you were considering, through school, and now this. Thank you for sharing the process with us as you have.

Congratulations and well done!

Ditto.

Way to go, Poly!

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! It's so good to see the fruits of your work paying off [Smile]
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
Where in NYC ?

*currently posting from the East Village*

Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Zeugma!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you really blew that call. Just forget about ever working in animation. I mean, it just isn..

what?

Your kidding?

Ummmm Congrats young artist.

I always knew you could do it.

Really.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome work, man! It'll be expensive though, the big city. ^.^
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
That is SO cool! Congratulations, Zeugma! Wow!

I'll definitely remember this when I'm trying to get my foot in the golden door after college... [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome stuff, Zeugma! You are very talented.

I have a cousin that lives in Manhattan (however, I don't know east/west upper/lower -- I don't know much about Manhattan). Maybe he would know a good place to live..

(Where do you live now -- that you call Manhattan "down there")?

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic! Congratulations! Zeugma, this is so incredibly awesome!
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.