FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Corruption and Child Welfare Negligance- Blog from Australia

Author Topic: Corruption and Child Welfare Negligance- Blog from Australia
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
http://orbvious.blogspot.com/2006/09/brief-outline-of-our-story.html

I'm not going to be able to summarize this and do it justice, so please take the time to read this. This is the first entry of the blog, so please be sure to click the entries that come after it.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
It's disturbing to know that this is happening so close to home. I'm happy to see that the couple has received so much support over the Internet, and hope they somehow get access to a solicitor with half a sense of integrity before it's too late.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*shudders*

It's not just Australia...

As I read that, I flashed back to my own horror stories about the family courts when I was growing up. (I was not abused the way those poor children were/are, but I did suffer a lot between my mother and my father and the irresponsible, nonsensical decisions of several judges.)

I have a friend who is fighting to keep her grandchild away from abusive parents. I am so happy to hear that the little boy has finally recieved his own advocate (lawyer.) I wish I had known of my right to an advocate when I was that age.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
This is why most Australians go to not-for-profit private organisations like The Salvos for help regarding domestic violence and broken homes, and not the public system.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely agonizing. This is the very thing that has frustrated me for the last 22 years!
I'm so sorry that they've had to go through all of that! I really wish I could help them somehow! That's horrible beyond belief.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
What they are asking for you to help with:

quote:
After careful consideration we think it would be best and far simpler to send the same generic message to all recipients listed below. Simply copy & paste the letter below and then e-mail to the following:

1.Alan Anderson (Advisor to the Attorney General) ag@ag.gov.au

2.Lesley Robinson (Producer of the 7.30 Report ABC) robinson.lesley@abc.net.au

3.Rebecca Baillie (Reporter at the ABC) baillie.rebecca@abc.net.au

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject:- Expose the Family Court

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has come to my attention that the Family Court of Australia is guilty of corruption, negligence and dishonesty. The Family Court is destroying the lives of families and children. The secrecy that surrounds the Family Court permits this corruption to continue unnoticed by the public and unreported by the media. The public do not approve of this process. The children that fall victim to systemic abuse are ignored, unprotected and in danger of long term psychological trauma. The families have no avenue to stop the courts. You must do something to stop this process.

Expose the Family Court."

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Just did that.
I wish I could give them money or something.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
Just sent emails, for what little the point of view of an American will do.
I wish I could give them some money too.

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.