FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Deck the halls with hunks of Holly! Hoorah for Christmas!

Author Topic: Deck the halls with hunks of Holly! Hoorah for Christmas!
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
I am feeling superbly festive today. The family Maven have decked the halls with hunks of artificial holly and festive flickering lights. Joy abounds and the Toddling Tornado has yet to swallow a bauble.

Hoorah for Chrismas! Hoorah I say.

Snow is forecast for this evening too, so I shall be in an even more festive mood tomorrow. "chestnusts roasting on na open fire etc. etc."

How are you all bearing up?

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty well. The summer heat is temporarily flagging, so I'm comfortable.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
If this weather continues, L.A. may have the only white Christmas in anyone's memory. (It was cold enough that husband dearest had to scrape ice off the car windows before we went to church yesterday. Oh, and it's also raining. But it's still doubtful. However, it may stay cold.)

Bah, humbug. I want my sunny 70 degree Christmas morning!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm celebrating Christmas in another country without my family, so I'm finding it hard to capture the spirit. But the stockings my mum sent for my boyfriend and me arrived in the mail today, and I wrapped all my boyfriend's presents, which means there are some presents hiding in the closet, so I'm feeling more Christmassy than I thought I would.

Still have to plan Christmas dinner, though. Fie upon complicated cooking stuff. I am a dreadful cook.

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Deck the halls with hunks of Holly!
Was I the only one who pictured a hallway of Johnny Depp, Legolas and Aragon photos? (Get it, the Hunks of Hollywood)
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
No decorations for me, but I have finished my shopping. Shopping is easy when you are only buying gifts for 4 people. I spent too much money on this thing, time to stop. My "nephews" (my friend's sons call me Uncle Stan) each got big ol' monster trucks.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
No...you totally weren't the only one.

Okay, I actually pictured hunks -in- holly, which sound a little bit painful come to think of it...

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Libbie
Member # 9529

- posted      Profile for Libbie   Email Libbie         Edit/Delete Post 
Bearing up okay. I got all my gift-baking done today. I am now so sick of the smell of gingerbread that I'll do anything to escape my apartment.

I have a Christmas party to go to later tonight. That will at least get me around the smells of other things. (I'm giving my gift-recipient a set of Tales of Alvin Maker that I found at a used book store earlier today).

Posts: 1006 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.