FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Why am I even watching this show?

Author Topic: Why am I even watching this show?
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
A boy wearing a dress at around 4 does not mean that he's gay!
Why do they always do this stupid plot device in shows?
Plus there are Scottish men to consider.
They are really manly and wear KILTS!
Now, maybe if he was 16... that would be something to worry about a bit, but at the age of 4? Does it really matter?
Arg!!!
I don't know why manliness has to equal-
stupidity
dirtiness
being really, really gross
On television!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
What show?
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
This stupid according to Jim show!
This is the very reason why I love working overtime
Because when I work until 7 I AM NOT AT HOME WATCHING DUMB SHOWS!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Why are you watching TV when you can be posting on Hatrack?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Because I'm stupid and post while watching TV.
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Jack Bauer = actual manliness.

That guy would totally wear a dress if it would save America.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

I'm sort of watching TV and posting on Hatrack. My dad's got ESPN on, but it's nothing entertaining yet. Though I was peeved by something they said on Pardon the Interruption a few minutes ago.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
The TV isn't making you any smarter, hon.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

It isn't.
I need to watch a movie and write my novel and play FF12.
I can watch a movie and play FF12 at the same time.

kojabu
Member # 8042

That's skill.
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmm...kilts.

change the channel.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I love that show.
Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
I was flipping through channels and saw that part of According to Jim. I really only catch snippets of the show from time to time. I thought his son wearing a Cinderella dress for halloween was a really weak excuse the show used to make Jim freak out and to make some sort of point--probably. I didn't watch much of it. I'm sure they could have made their point in a more believable way. (Not that there aren't little boys who might want to dress up as a princess on halloween--but the way it was portrayed on this show was really fake.)
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to wear a plaid skirt for cadet parades (17 at the time).

It didn't help much that it was called a kilt.

It did help that everyone around me had to wear the same thing.

It didn't help save Australia. Or Scotland.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! Jack Bauer! Anybody see the 24 teaser preview?

Dude: You're hurting me!

Jack Bauer: I promise you I'm not.

[ROFL]

There is no reason for anyone ever to watch According to Jim, I'm sure. Even reruns of Beauty and the Geek are less offensive.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This stupid according to Jim show!
This is the very reason why I love working overtime
Because when I work until 7 I AM NOT AT HOME WATCHING DUMB SHOWS!

It is possible to not be at home watching dumb shows even without working late.

You might do well to figure out why you actually are watching this show. If you're going to do that, I'd recommend rejecting the easy answers and looking at what you get out of it.

[ December 19, 2006, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: MrSquicky ]

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
I can watch a movie and play FF12 at the same time.

I can (and have) watched a movie, played FFXII (or some other game) and posted on Hatrack, all at the same time. Yes, bow to my greatness.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.