FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mad! Mad, I tell you!

Author Topic: Mad! Mad, I tell you!
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Gyaaaaah! There is a fan, or anyway something rotating, in the ceiling of the hallway outside my office, and it's off its axis. It is making a most horribly gratingly screamingly annoying NOISE. Two hours of not being able to find our administrative staff, and now they are not sure if it can be fixed today. AAARGH! [Mad]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Sir! Alack! This is hellish! Alas! Alack!

Hold strong!

((KoM))

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
i know the cure, getting your internet fixed.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rip the fan out of the ceiling, but your boss and others might not like that.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Horrible. Hope they fix it soon... at least that's better than your bathroom fan sounding like a shuttle about to take off everytime you turn it on - AND being too short to reach it in the 9 foot ceiling even when standing on the counter because of where it's placed to try to figure out why your bathroom fan is trying to achieve space travel. Maybe a little better? Eh - if not, I feel your pain...
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon the Dirk
Member # 9981

- posted      Profile for Jon the Dirk   Email Jon the Dirk         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so very disstracting your predicament does seem. I suggest headphones, or mabey you can spontaneously break out in song. Only you and me would know that it's not that spontaneous at all, but a feindish revolt against the man.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, enough's enough. I'm for home. One good thing about academia, you pretty much make your own hours. Which is actually not so great if you have zero self-discipline, like me, but oh well. At least you can get out of the noise in a case like this.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NicholasStewart
Member # 9781

- posted      Profile for NicholasStewart   Email NicholasStewart         Edit/Delete Post 
I say you shoot the darn thing with something with enough momentum that fan is obliterated!
Posts: 65 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I have one of those clicky fans in my room. Also, the only light in the room (other than my desklamp) is above the fan, so it creates a flickering strobe light effect.

At least I can turn it off, but the summer heat is on its way.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.