FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow... Lame (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow... Lame
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
After reading the above several posts, I'm beginning to feel sorry for Harry Potter. So how about for the title of the next movie, "Harry Potter's Day Off." That could be fun.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rohan
Member # 5141

- posted      Profile for Rohan   Email Rohan         Edit/Delete Post 
What exactly is the definition of "hack"? And isn't it Hallows like "All Hallows' Eve"? And according to what I've heard, it should be called Harry Potter and the Fourteen Hundred Pages.
Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's Hallows as a verb, in the sense that, Deathly Hallows means lots of people are going to die and created hallowed ground.

I think it's a reference to the body count.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

- posted      Profile for Ron Lambert   Email Ron Lambert         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe deathly hallows are anti-horcruxes. They de-vitalize them, dispel the soul-fragments or whatever. We all know that after publication of Half-Blood Prince horcruxes were an issue of much discussion and predictions about their possible significance in the overall plot.
Posts: 3742 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
According to MuggleNet, if some of the other language versions of Book Seven's title are retranslated back into English, one gets results like Harry Potter and the Saints of Death/Angel of Death.

Hmmmm...

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Which may or may not mean anything.

If you translate "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak" into Russian and back to English you get "The vodka is good but the meat is rotten."

(Ok, so the story is probably apocryphal. But it's fun anyway, and it makes my point.)

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
General Sax
Member # 9694

- posted      Profile for General Sax   Email General Sax         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the Hallows has to be Godric's Hallow where the Potter's where killed, are their any other Hallow's that have been mentioned?

The Dursley's live on a Drive... the Weasley's live in some community I forgot the name of, the Order of the Pheonix lives at a Place.

Whats that leave?

Posts: 475 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hollow, not Hallow
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jRc
Member # 1335

- posted      Profile for jRc   Email jRc         Edit/Delete Post 
Harry Potter Manages to Wrap Up All the Loose Ends to Satisfy His More Nerdly Fans while Silencing His Critics with A Most Poignant and Literate Denouement.
Posts: 563 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Listening to more theories over at MuggleNet, I rather like the one that the title is a reference to All Hallow's Eve...the time of year when the veil between the living and the dead is supposed to be thin.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Lambert
Member # 2872

quote:
Originally posted by jRc:
Harry Potter Manages to Wrap Up All the Loose Ends to Satisfy His More Nerdly Fans while Silencing His Critics with A Most Poignant and Literate Denouement.

Now there is a really British book title!
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
A hallow is a ghost or spirit. She's been building up the whole, "what is the nature of the next life" since books commenced but really dug into it in book 5 and since then.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hallow, hallow, where have I heard that before....

As Harry Potter begins his curse, Valdemort smiles and casts the deadly "Voltrex" curse first, sending Harry Potter into a trance of pain and flames.

Suddenly three very well endowed women appear out of a tinkling blue light.

They chant:
"By the power of three
We set Harry free
As charmed Hallowell
Voldemort we have fell
To be gone for these reasons
Seven book fall to 10 seasons"

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think Paige is all that well endowed.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.