FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Goodbye, you guys!

Author Topic: Goodbye, you guys!
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm off to South America in a few hours! [Cool]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun! Take lots and lots and lots and lots of pictures! And share when you return! We want to hear allllll about it! [Cool]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a wonderful time! [Wave]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] See you when you get back.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great time! I don't know if your phone will work over there, but feel free to call me [Smile] .
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun, and look out for basketball sized buggers.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't drink too many Pisco Sours. The taste disguises its kick.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm, pisco sours...
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiddle_stix
Member # 9941

- posted      Profile for fiddle_stix           Edit/Delete Post 
have an awesome time!
Posts: 79 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dean
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for dean   Email dean         Edit/Delete Post 
Visit my brother in Peru for me!
Posts: 1751 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun pH! Bon voyage!
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take some pictures when I meet her here. :-)
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

If you contact her before she heads up into the Andes, remind her to put on plenty of sunscreen. Machu Picchu ought to be fairly cool this time of year, making it easy to forget that a sunny day up at 8,000feet/2400metres will fry you a lot faster than the sunniest day at an ocean beach.

And to take along rain gear: sudden, short but intense thunderstorms of rain/hail are common up in the Andes this time of year.

[ January 02, 2007, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

aspectre, I have two honest questions which I have no ulterior motives for asking:

1) Are you a fact checker for a newspaper?

2) Are you awesome at Trivial Pursuit?

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

1) Nope. Just read a lot more than most people.
2) Don't play. Won't play any game unless I have or can honestly handicap myself to have a fair chance of losing.

Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Mi tocadisco esta discompuesto!

Going to "South America" is rather vague, you know. You might as well say "I'm going somewhere on Earth." The differences from country to country are enough that all the comments we might try to make have different meanings or impact depending on where you go.

Have fun, nonetheless.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

Machu Picchu, though a meeting with Eduardo_Sauron also suggests Brazil.
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
Ph will go first to Buenos Aires (Argentina) and then to Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun! God speed!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

quote:
Originally posted by aspectre:
1) Nope. Just read a lot more than most people.

It shows. [Smile]
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Jeeeealouuuus! What quid said!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Take care of yourself, pH. Post again soon! [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I only have one problem now. Who am I going to chat with, now that Ph is gone? Ack! I really should get off the computer more anyway.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
So long, farewell, goodbye, auf viedersein...

(Have fun, pH!)

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Just talked to Ph over the phone. Hopefully Isabel and I will get to meet her this afternoon. Let's see. :-)
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Yup. We did meet pH! Yay! :-)
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
You promised pictures, I believe? =)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

Well...pictures were taken, but I forgot to bring my machine, so I guess you'll have to wait for pH's return, to see them :-)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.