FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is Hatrack being screwy for anyone else?

Author Topic: Is Hatrack being screwy for anyone else?
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Every time I post to a thread, when we get to the "sit tight!" stage, Hatrack doesn't redirect me back to the original page like it says it will. It stops with the "sit tight!" screen staring me in the face, and I have to click the link to get back to the thread. One time I actually double posted when I tried refreshing that page to see what would happen.

Anyone? [Confused]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed an occasional glitch in loading the Google ads that causes that effect, and it's definitely happening to me this morning.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
No, never Raia, but I don't post much [Smile]
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been having problems with page loads, but I thought it was because of our wonky & slow internet connection. Cuz, you know, an undersea cable at Taiwan snapped in the earthquake last week, which meant we had no internet at all for a day again, and it hasn't recovered since then and won't be fixed for at least another week or so more.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theamazeeaz
Member # 6970

- posted      Profile for theamazeeaz   Email theamazeeaz         Edit/Delete Post 
The search function hasn't been working for me.

But then again this is the first time I've used Safari (new comp). It might be that.

Posts: 1757 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, I've been having that problem about half the time I'm on.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Hmm! It's happening again! PJ, do you know how to fix it?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it ever actually stop? [Razz]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Actually, it did for a while, haha... it was fine for a few days, and now it's not again.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Well, let me see... It never shows my correct time... Therefore it's always screwy. [Razz]
Raia
Member # 4700

Haha. Fair enough.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Raia, I have the same issue on occasion, and even if I knew how to fix it I wouldn't be able to, as I'm sure it would require a site administrator rather than a forum moderator. I'm pretty confident it's an issue with the google ads, too, and I believe there's a thing you can do in the computer registry that reassigns googlesyndication.com to 127.0.0.1 and removes all the google ads which would theoretically solve it, but it doesn't bother me enough to do something like that, and sometimes the ads are funny so I like having them.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Oh, ok... well, thanks anyway! [Smile] I was just wondering if it was something easily fixable. It's really not that big a deal to me either, it's just a nuisance!
B34N
Member # 9597

- posted      Profile for B34N   Email B34N         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had the same problem it just happens some times, it takes a while some times but should redirect you eventually, you just have to wait a long time. I've had to wait almost ten minutes once and I have highspeed internet.
Posts: 871 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird - I'd never had that problem before, but after reading this thread earlier today, it just happened to me now.

Either A) it's been happening more frequently lately and thus is more likely to catch me, B) it's always happened at the same rate and I've just never noticed it before, or C) Raia started this thread to further her evil plot to curse us all. [Evil Laugh]

[Wink]

Edit: It has now happened to me 3 times in a row. I'm starting to think that option B is being ruled out.

[ January 06, 2007, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Nell Gwyn ]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

*giggle*

*looks mysterious*

quidscribis
Member # 5124

*glares* It's all your fault, isn't it?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.