FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Profit Speaks!

Author Topic: A Profit Speaks!
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
The latest from our resident Miss Cleo wannabe.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Pat Robertson is a honest, decent man, not all concerned about temporal power or social and political manipulation. I think he really is talking to God. It's just that God is really, really screwing with him.

Whenever that omnipotent scamp gets bored, he heads over to the Robertson-a-tron and yanks poor Pat's chain. He's the new Job.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
He's the new Job.
Yeah, he's a whack-Job.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
#$@# Filter won't let me read news sites. What is he predicting now?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Mass killing from a terrorist attack in late 2007.

Oh, and that he can lift a 1973 Buick Skylark with his legs.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
Originally posted by Dan_raven:
#$@# Filter won't let me read news sites. What is he predicting now?

Just this:

quote:
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
One day he's going to be right on something (spin that roulette wheel enough and your number will come up) and it's going to be all over what a nostrodamus he is. *sigh*
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NicholasStewart
Member # 9781

- posted      Profile for NicholasStewart   Email NicholasStewart         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."
He says God is giving him these predictions. But sometimes the predictions are wrong.

So either God is sometimes wrong or God is not speaking to Patty.

Posts: 65 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

quote:
"The Lord didn't say nuclear."
He said Nu-Cular (or however President Bush pronounces it).
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Pat Robertson is just one in a series of reasons why I believe that any God that happens to exist has a really good sense of humor. Because if he didn't, ol' Pat would have been on the receiving end of a lightning bolt long, long ago.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NicholasStewart
Member # 9781

- posted      Profile for NicholasStewart   Email NicholasStewart         Edit/Delete Post 
This reminded me of a great song by Ray Stevens, Would Jesus wear a rolex on His television show
http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/w/wouldjesusweararolex.shtml

Posts: 65 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and that he can lift a 1973 Buick Skylark with his legs.
It's his Age-Defying energy shake.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

You know what's chilling--self fulfilling prophesy.

"And I say again, there shall fall upon the country of America a great and shattering explosion, just as soon as those Pakistani's show up with my Plutonium...I mean some time near the end of 2007"

If a nuclear device does go off near the end of 2007, Pat will be high on the list of suspects. After all, being proven right will give him a very strong motive. Opportunity--I believe he can find some religous fanatics to do what he wants.

Ahh, but is he evil enough to nuke his own country for personal gain in the name of the Lord?

Last weekend there ran a History Channel special on "THe Anti-Christ". How will he be known? He'll be an eccliastic that offers false prophesies.

You do the math.

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
[pquote]Yeah, he's a whack-Job.[/quote]

This made me laugh. [Big Grin]

On a more sombre note:

I predict that in 2007, hundreds or more will die in Iraq.

I hope I'm wrong.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is this NEWS COVERED ON THE AP??? This is not journalism. This is insanity. I understand that they print this practically tongue in cheek, but LOOK [Wall Bash]

This is just validating this pathetic moron's lifelong con. It's so sad it's no longer funny. This man is what's wrong, on at least one level, with this world.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
One day he's going to be right on something (spin that roulette wheel enough and your number will come up) and it's going to be all over what a nostrodamus he is. *sigh*

That's why you cut this garbage off right at the knees. STOP covering this moron and his stupid prophecies never get beyond the dupes who watch his show and actually give him money.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NicholasStewart
Member # 9781

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
That's why you cut this garbage off right at the knees. STOP covering this moron and his stupid prophecies never get beyond the dupes who watch his show and actually give him money.

On the other hand, maybe it's good the media covered it. Not many people are going to take him seriously and perhaps next time he will think before speaks the will of God. I think a lot of people are saying the same thing as jatraqueros.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.