FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Virtual Capitol Hill

Author Topic: Virtual Capitol Hill
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Fun times!
Our government as a rel time video game?
I just saw it on the news and it is really weird.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
There certainly seems to be enough wheeling and dealing going on in politics for it to make a good video game, perhaps some sort of strange RTS or MMoRPG. Is this about an actual game game that is in production and if so, do you recall the tittle?
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a lot like Grand Theft Auto, Bully, and Mario Kart, with the crime, personal attacks, and spectacular crashes.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheGrimace
Member # 9178

- posted      Profile for TheGrimace   Email TheGrimace         Edit/Delete Post 
the 10th mission, where you have to break the kneecaps of three former Speakers of the House is a real pain...
Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Darn it!
My Internet went down when I tried to find a link.
It is actual footage of Congresspeople, and they have these frightening semi lifelike avatars just sitting around talking.
Let me see if I can find it. As I mentioned, I saw it on the news.

You know, maybe instead of taking a sick day, I could just teach my classes via avatar. I could be thin, I could be patient, and the kids would listen to me no less than usual.

Hmmm...

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, I can find nothing!
Did anyone else see this tonight?

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Until I can find a link, please visualize CSpan with avatars of the boring senators. So, they are talking, but as video game characters. And not all the senators have avatars, so sometimes they are talking to no one.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.