FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » .Here It Is.

Author Topic: .Here It Is.
Kacie_lala33
Member # 9784

- posted      Profile for Kacie_lala33   Email Kacie_lala33         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently made a post on a topic and learned that I should put myself out more. Someone suggested giving a short autobiography.

So, this is what I am going to do.

We will see how short it turns out.

My name is Kacie. I am 17 years old. I four dogs and there names are Dixie Marie, Bo, Jake, & Bandit. Two cats that are named Chloe Hemi and Kitty. And TWO FISH... that don’t have names. One is called “Purple” the other is called “Pink”

I like reading and walking. I also like going on a nearby ropes course, even though I am deathly afraid of heights.

When I was three years old my parents divorced, and now they are both remarried. I have 6 brothers, most are either step or half. Two of them took care of me most of my childhood because my dad worked shifts.

One of those brothers became an alcoholic and was involved in a lot of gang stuff. Fortunately, though, he has recovered from all of that, has three kids, and a loving wife. But the other is about 23 now and has been hard into every kind of drug that you could imagine since he was 13. Although I have always had faith in recovery, I am beginning to lose that. After so many lies you just LOSE faith.

I went through a two year period where I wanted to be just like my brothers. I think that I went through that because they never seemed to LOVE me. I have been told the reason for all of their problems was me, because I was always the "favorite”. My little faze was also caused by an abusive step mom.

I ended up leaving my dad to live with my mom, who I had hardly anything to do with up till that time. She worked me hard trying to help me straighten up my life but I always ignored her. After all I wanted my brother’s attention and I STILL didn't have it. Well I got it. He ended up using me, and then making me look like a liar.

That is when it clicked. It has been about two years since all of that. I have some of the best friends anyone could have... But I don't have that many at all. I try not to surround myself with people who distract me from what life is about. After everything my mom is my best friend. I talk to her about everything! And I mean everything.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who I have always believed is a gift from God.

Now I will end with something maybe a little conceded. I love myself. I love who I have grown to be! I am smart, I am fun, I am happy, and I am trustworthy. I guess that I am just extremely proud of my self.

Through my many experiences I have decided that I want to be a psychologist.

The End…

Posts: 56 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness, Kacie, what a life already! I'm glad you love yourself. That's not conceited at all, that's great. [Smile] Thank you for telling us a little more about yourself. I'm glad you're here, and look forward to seeing more of you around the forum. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to get to know you Kacie. It's a good think you are confident and proud - most 17 year olds aren't, deep inside. I hope your brother eventually recovers.

See you around [Smile]

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Conceited? Kacie, that isn't conceited at all--it's healthy. I'm glad that you found us, and I look forward to getting to know you better. Glad you decided to create this thread.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, Kacie! It's great to meet you. I'm really glad that you've decided to take your experiences and use them for good. You're seventeen, so will you be graduating from high school soon? What are your plans for college?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Eyo, Kacie. Welcome to Hatrack. [Wave]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kacie_lala33
Member # 9784

- posted      Profile for Kacie_lala33   Email Kacie_lala33         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a junior so I have one year left. [Big Grin] .. and to be honest.. I am scared to death of graduation.lol.
Posts: 56 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
Kacie_lala33... Thanks for sharing!

I can relate to a lot of what you've said. Good job making it this far and realizing that you're worth the good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing more from you. ; )

Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I was a bit nervous about the whole thing, too. I really liked high school and I wasn't happy about leaving all my friends behind. It's a pretty big change in your life, and I think it makes sense to be a big scared of it. I always had a bit of trouble understanding the people who were so excited for it to be over.

College is pretty fun, though. Lots of new and exciting experiences. Have you thought about where you might want to go?

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's great to hear that you love yourself! Many 17-year-olds I know don't-- especially 17-year-olds who have been in tough emotional situations with their families. Good for you, and glad to have you aboard!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kacie. [Smile]

(Belated) welcome to Hatrack! I'm glad that you're on track and happy with yourself. It sounds like you've had some hard times but figured out what's important. Pretty cool. [Smile]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, we almost have the same rare spelling of our name [Smile] . We should be Hatrack sisters...though I don't know if that means we back each other up or fight like cats and dogs [Big Grin]

Being proud of yourself in the face of adversity you've faced is an accomplishment, not evidence of conceit or arrogance.

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! [Wave] It sounds like you've had some pretty intense experiences. I'm glad you've survived them. I have no doubt that your experiences will make you stronger in the long run. [Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Kacie. You have an interesting story. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kacie_lala33
Member # 9784

quote:
Originally posted by Kasie H:
Hey, we almost have the same rare spelling of our name [Smile] . We should be Hatrack sisters...though I don't know if that means we back each other up or fight like cats and dogs [Big Grin]

Ha. That is too weird. I have always wanted a sister so that sounds great.. And if we decide to fight I should warn you I am pretty strong [Wall Bash]

Shigosei- I live in Oklahoma so naturally I have thought about going to Oklahoma University. but I am not completely sure I can be so far away from home yet..

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiya Kacie! Very cool to know more about you. I'm 18 myself, so we're not that far off in age. [Smile]

I second what Noemon said about that not being conceited. It's healthy, and essential to your mental well-being. It's something I'm just learning myself and let me tell you, increasing self-esteem has led to a dramatic increase in happiness.

You mentioned God ... are you of a particular faith/denomination? Don't worry, it's in the Terms of Service that no one can disparage your beliefs [Wink] . I'm just curious.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kacie_lala33:
I am a junior so I have one year left. [Big Grin] .. and to be honest.. I am scared to death of graduation.lol.

That is so very normal!

Great introductory post. Thanks for telling us more about yourself.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the Rack!

And if you're worried about a minor (heh, sorry) intro being conceited, wait until you hit landmark status. [Big Grin]

[Wave]

-Trevor

Edited to add: Trust me, graduating high school is just one in a long, long road of scary firsts. Ten years from now, you won't remember the terror - just a fond nostalgia for much fun you had. [Taunt]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kacie! Glad to get to know you better!

Rayann

P.S. I'm in Oklahoma, too! Tulsa area. Are we starting our own clump?!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! I'll leave the BBQ where it is. I'll be nice today. Though, those cats would be quite tasty...errr, um... *shifty eyes*
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lavalamp
Member # 4337

- posted      Profile for Lavalamp           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the great intro post. I hope you stick around here. This is a good place with good people and you sound like you'll fit right in.

Good for you for loving yourself at your age. It takes most people a LOT longer to get to that point, if they ever actually make it.

Posts: 300 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know where in OK you are, but if you're anywhere near Tulsa I bet Boon would love to bring her monst... er, munchkins to meet you (and a parent or friend, if your parents are comfortable with that.)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Indeed, I would, provided we meet in a public place and your mother joins us. Maybe lunch or something? (Of course, if you're too far away, it'd have to wait until I'm in the mood for a roadtrip or something.) [Smile]
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] Wow. Awesome intro thread. Thanks for sharing it with us. Have fun here!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god graduation... I'm not too nervous about college since I think I know what I want to do, but I can't imagine leaving all my friends (I've been with them since kindergarten.)
One more year...

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monteverdi
Member # 2896

- posted      Profile for monteverdi           Edit/Delete Post 
Can I interst you in a slightly used Airstream 24 foot trailer?
Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kacie_lala33
Member # 9784

That sounds wonderful Boon! I actually live in Ardmore, which is about 3 hours away, but my oldest brother and his family lives in Tulsa. I am not sure WHEN I will visit them , but maybe that would be a good time.

Is anyone else from Oklahoma, or is it just us?

Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Loving yourself is good; it's what gives you the strength to make the right choices when you are confused, when other people seem to think you're wrong.

It's what keeps you going through the tough times.

Go you!

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Ardmore! I used to live near Ardmore!

Of course, it was in Canada, so probably not the same one... [Razz]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

Farmgirl, unless I'm mistaken, lives in KS, up near Wichita somewhere. And I think there's another Okie here, but I can't remember who...too far away for a casual meet-up, at any rate, for me anyway. Might be closer to you, but I can't remember who it is. [Frown]

One of the benefits of meeting up with me and my kids is that you become instantly "real," as Legoman and Barbie_Biker have both posted here, so qualify as members, and we're all "real," having met at least two other "real" Jatraquero/as. [Big Grin]

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I grew up right on the other side of the Arkansas border. We used to go to Tulsa alll the time.

Alas, I moved away and can't be part of your clump =(

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.