FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Gummi Bears: Volume One

Author Topic: The Gummi Bears: Volume One
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
This DVD set proves two things.

1) Disney eventually -will- release their entire library on DVD, unless said portion of the library is called Song of the South.

2) Disney has absolutely no idea who the real audience buying these Disney TV animation DVD sets is. No interviews with June Foray. No behind-the-scenes material. No promos. No commentary. -But- there's a chance to register for a free Pre-Schoolers DVD giveaway. Oh, joy! [Wink]

Regardless, it's nice to see this show again. It set up the formula for later "from whole cloth" Disney TV toons like Gargoyles, and even had a slightly more sophisticated brand of characterization than...say...'The Smurfs'.

And hey...Paul Winchell -and- June Foray on the same show. [Smile]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy cow, I may have to get this one. I used to love that show. I frequently sing the theme song when I play guitar.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto. (Though I don't play guitar...)
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday mornings during the 80s...the ultimate spot for cute, catchy, mind virus opening theme songs. [Big Grin]

I should mention that Volume One includes seasons one-three, so one can see the show and characters truly evolve.

I'm especially fond of the introduction of "Gusto" Gummi...or the revelation that Grammi was a bit of a wild, adventurous kid in her youth.

Or how the status quo actually changed from time to time...eventually more humans than just the boy ad the evil duke knew the truth about the bears.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.