FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium: Trailer

Author Topic: Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium: Trailer
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of *spoilers*

Walden Media's attempt to create a film from whole cloth, written and directed by Zach Helm of Stranger Than Fiction fame.

Starring Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, Jason Bateman...and LOTS of toys.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy cow. It's like a cross between Willy Wonka and ever magical toy story I've ever seen. I am so dying to see this.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Natalie looks radiantly happy there at the beginning. I like her smile.

I also like the look of the Emporium.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
That looks really cool. Dustin Hoffman has become one of my favorite actors.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Meh. I think Hoffman is a phenomenal actor, but his affectation in this trailer is grating. Portman looks wooden as well, and the whole thing really doesn't generate any spark of interest in me yet. Maybe future trailers will look more interesting.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged
Member # 7476

- posted      Profile for Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged   Email Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Icarus on this one. Nothing about this trailer makes me the least bit interested in the seeing this movie.
Posts: 796 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
It has my interest mildly piqued, but it looks like the cousin of a long line of real life magic movies like Indian in the Cupboard, Night at the Museum and Jumanji.

Did they steal the door thing from Howl's Moving Castle?

If it's about more than a girl finding her own inner magic, otherwise it's not worth $8.50 to see yet another variation on a very old theme.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
The VFX will be brilliant.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.