FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Quick! With no googling, tell me

Author Topic: Quick! With no googling, tell me
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
some characters you would recognise from ballets.

This is for Livvie's birthday party. Everyone gets a sticker with a character name on the back and can ask yes or no questions to guess the character. I'm asking for some non researched, off the cuff ideas because I realised Livvie and I may know too much and come up with characters too esoteric for the average 6-10 year old.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
The Nutcracker and The Rat King from Nutcracker Suite.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
The Little Mermaid.
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Swan Prince, Odette
Nutcracker/Prince, little girl, SugarPlum Fairy, etc.
Cinderella, Prince, Fairy godmother, etc.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Has Phantom been a ballet?
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Romeo and Juliet
the ballet-dancing hippos from the Nutcracker (as long as we are being honest)

However, for the average six-year-old? Are they into dance normally? Because if they are not, I doubt they could name any.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Summer Glau.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] at MPH!!

I think most of them will be lost beyond Nutcracker, Sleeping Beauty and Swan Lake. Liv wanted to use characters like Giselle and Coppelia, and I had to explain that no one would "get" them.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
(cheech marin) Ya man, I know the ballet, my primo tino, he does the ballet. Ya man, he parks the cars all day long.(/cheech marin)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with MPH [Smile]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
For little kids, Angelina Ballerina.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

Ooooh, I know exactly who my Angelina will be! (Not Livvie, her youngest little guest who's 4.)
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
That was right out of left field Porter, I couldn't help but snicker. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Ballerina Barbie
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sibyl
Member # 10079

- posted      Profile for Sibyl   Email Sibyl         Edit/Delete Post 
"the ballet-dancing hippos from the Nutcracker (as long as we are being honest)"

Don't you mean "Fantasia"? If you mean the Nutcracker, then my daughter's ballet classes missed something.

I suspect that most six-year-olds even in ballet class probably wouldn't know classic ballets, other than that, though, unless they have an exceptional teacher.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.