FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dresden FIles in SciFi?

Author Topic: Dresden FIles in SciFi?
Hookt_Un_Fonix
Member # 10094

- posted      Profile for Hookt_Un_Fonix   Email Hookt_Un_Fonix         Edit/Delete Post 
It has been sometime since I read these books. From what I can remember the story was pretty good, and Harry was played pretty good. I am digging up my old books to re read them and compare. I wanted to see if any hard care fans had thoughts on this TV adaption?
Posts: 120 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard of it before I saw the preview on Sci-Fi the other day.

But it looks great.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
It was sort of blah, IMO. I'll admit to not watching it with good attention, as I just needed background noise before Galactica... [Wink]

I've also never read the books - or, quite frankly, heard of them before I heard about the show's development.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I love the books, but don't have cable so I haven't seen the TV show. I saw previews online for it and it looked cheesy, but I still want to see it.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
The books are great. The show was pretty good. It wasn't super faithful to the books, but it was close enough that I wasn't really bothered. I think they got off to a good start, and I'm interested in seeing where they go with it.

Worth watching, I would say.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it worth pointing out the first episode is available for free on iTunes.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Companion_in_Training
Member # 9686

- posted      Profile for Companion_in_Training   Email Companion_in_Training         Edit/Delete Post 
I've read the first two books, and I've got a couple of my friends addicted to the series. It's been a while since I've read the books, but I could tell that they changed a few things. I still found it rather interesting and will definitely be tuning in for future eps.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.