FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Stuff I wrote when I was 6

Author Topic: Stuff I wrote when I was 6
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
minus the illustrations.

---

Usieys Ed Summer
T kty brgnfle [to catch drangonfly; in fact, it was a cicada]

---

mIsalf and mIdady

---

Dear Santa,

I want a big lego. I was kind of good. Thank you for the parezns. Thank you very much.

Love,
from Sean

---

January5

Winter Holiday

I went to Yokohama. It was fan drawing drewing. I river I drew two boats. I liked the river. It was so nice. Then I went home by train.

---

February 8

Yamazaki Bread factory

I learned about dread. I saw a lot of bread. One man that makes the bread taught the class about bread. It smelled like bread. I was hungry. The teacher had to shoat.

---

7 years:

My Best Friend

My best friend is Ken. I like him because he is kind to me. He likes me. Sometimes I sit with him when it is lunch time. I like Ken so much that I like to stay with him.

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
You were cute ^^.

quote:

I was kind of good.

Honesty.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if my mom has any of the old stuff from when I was a kid. I know during one of my moves, I threw a ton of stuff away. The only incedent I really remember was when I was in preschool. I used to spell my name "Stehpen", instead of Stephen. There was a teacher who tried to tell me how spell it correctly and I thought she was being mean because who was she to tell me how to spell my name.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what a find! Previously undiscovered early works by Euripides.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I found a precious "about me book" that my husband did in class when he was 9 (the kind of thing they do one ditto page of every day for a few weeks, then put them together for Back to School Night.) Under "What I Want to Be When I Grow Up", he wrote "A major-league baseball player, vet, husband and father." [Cool] Under "A Picture of Something/Things I Like", he drew a tank and a dog (I don't think they were intended to be viewed as one picture!)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Listen, there's two things I have to help me get through this topsy-turvy world, and that's my tank, and my dog. My dog's name is tank. My tank? I call her Grace. Amazing Grace. Here, tank! It's supper time. I don't know where I'd be without my tank and my dog -- but I'll tell you one thing: I don't think I'd be playin' ball for the Twins. I ever tell you the story of how my tank and my dog got me this gig? No? Well I'll tell ya, it's a hell of a story.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
That is adorable! It reminds me of the journal my first-grader started keeping over Christmas. He carried it everywhere and wrote down things as they were happening.

"Now we are in the car. We are going to Momo's house. Momo's house is full of people I don't know. Now we are watching a video."

It was cute and sort of scary. *grin

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Olivet, he hasn't read Harriet the Spy, has he?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Not yet.

I should totally scan a bit of it. It's a hoot.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I learned about dread. I saw a lot of bread....The teacher had to shoat.

This is like a Talking Heads song.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome. [Smile]

When I was about 7, I read the Little House books, and then I wrote this big long story in which I described my life and referred to myself in the third person (just like Laura does).

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* Awww...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
SO cute!! I want to see the pictures!!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Bread factory picture

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:
I learned about dread. I saw a lot of bread....The teacher had to shoat.

This is like a Talking Heads song.
Indeed!
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Olivet, he hasn't read Harriet the Spy, has he?

Good call. [Smile]

Did you know there was a sequel? I didn't find that out until much, much later.

Man, was I ever jealous of her access to a dumbwaiter. Talk about a setup for some good hiding.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

There's a sequel? *goes to look it up*
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Not as good, but, you know, you have to read it!

---

Edited to add (from Wikipedia):
quote:
Louise Fitzhugh wrote two sequels, The Long Secret and the posthumously published Sport. The book has also elicited two spin-off novels, Harriet Spies Again by Helen Ericson (2002), winner of a 2003 Edgar Award for Best Juvenile Mystery, and Harriet the Spy, Double Agent by Maya Gold (2005).
I knew about The Long Secret, but it looks like Sport was also written by our Louise Fitzhugh, albeit published posthumously.

*temples fingers

Exxxcellent ...

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Actually, apparently, there are two. And they were re-issued a couple of years ago. *sighs and puts them on the request list at the library*
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yes, we can both rejoice now. [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.