FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Please protect me from myself some more (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Please protect me from myself some more
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't read any indication of what the actual law will be. Is there some place where people are getting this? Also, is there any indication that this has any hope in passing or is it just one guy pushing it?

The initial link is somewhat lacking in specifics and, although surely a reporter would never slant the presentation of a story to make things sound outrageous and thus foster outrage at something that is more reasonable than the picture they are painting, I'm not sure I think people have enough information to be making the judgements they seem to be.

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait... blind and deaf people are allowed to cross the street, but if I'm jamming out with my iPod I'm a hazard. Go on. How many thousands of people (millions?) cross streets every day in this nation without getting hit by cars? Are politicians just morons, or is this a will to power?
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.