FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Making Books/Online Links for Learning

Author Topic: Making Books/Online Links for Learning
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I would share one of my favorite places on the Internet:

www.makingbooks.com

Since so many of you here are readers, lovers of books, parents, teachers, or students, this woman has some wonderful, cheap ways to publish your work, or your children's work.

I attended two of her workshops, one on making ancient books, one on making pop-up books. Her directions are clear and easy to follow.

You can download an e-book, but if you sign up for the newsletter, she will send you a book a month. They can be used for anything, but she has great ideas.

OK, I do not mean this as SPAM, just as an idea, so I hope it does not come off as trying to sell her stuff. If I am pointing out something free, is it SPAM?

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, changed the title.
Instead, this is just a place to share great links for kids.

One of my favorites:

www.educationworld.com

Great ideas for learning games and teacher plans.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Elizabeth, I'm always on the look out for stuff like this.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth, you rock!

Thanks for these links, I can't wait to have some time to go through them.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Belle, if you like the books, I can send you some extra samples I have. When I make them with kids, I always make one along with them, so I end up with extras.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.