FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The "Underdog" teaser trailer is now online.

Author Topic: The "Underdog" teaser trailer is now online.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
First video clip shown...

....huh. So they actually made it. Actually gonna release it. Jason Lee! Did you need the money?

AICN claims that "religious people will get SO mad over the film's tagline, HA-HA!"

...um. *shrug* Barely registers with me.

The Superman Returns-esque narration was far better than the actual film scene shown. [Razz]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
That's just sad. If they had to do this, they should have CGI'd an Underdog who looked right.

I'm still waiting for them to do Tennessee Tuxedo and Chumley with a real penguin and real walrus.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I have not doubt it will offend SOMEBODY but that is more their fault then the taglines. I predict extreme floppage on this movies part, but hey it might surprise me. The funniest material to be had by the underdog IMO was found on Robot Chicken.

Warning mild censored profanity,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjPtnO6ohsE
Start at 7:40 and it ends at 8:20

I am not responsible for anything you watch before or after the clip I specified [Big Grin] but Robot Chicken has been known to put me in stitches though at times it disgusts me, the entire episode brings on both extremes for me.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was disappointed when I saw it was a real dog on the poster, and I'm still disappointed seeing the real dog in action. But *shrugs* what are you going to do?
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, Underdog talks in Rhyme. Not bad puns.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mig
Member # 9284

- posted      Profile for Mig   Email Mig         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually excited about this. It's one of my favorite toons from when I was a kid. I don't if it's live-action, so long as they don't mess with the theme song and he continues to talk in rhyme.

quote:
Speed of lightning, roar of thunder,
Fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog, Underdog!
When in this world the headlines read
Of those whose hearts are filled with greed
And rob and steal from those in need.
To right this wrong with blinding speed goes
Underdog!
Underdog!
Underdog!
Underdog!
Speed of lightning, power of thunder,
All the world cries out for Under
Underdog, Underdog!

Posts: 407 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

- posted      Profile for Counter Bean           Edit/Delete Post 
It was a fun cartoon, this is going to be fun!
Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjzeller
Member # 8536

- posted      Profile for rjzeller   Email rjzeller         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG....most of that Robot Chicken bit sucked, but the Underdog big was hilarious!

"Holy @#$@#!#$@#$@#!#$! It's a talking Dog! Say something, dog...."

Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.