FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shutting Down Debate: (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Shutting Down Debate:
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually you only have to be exposed to the Koran and reject it to be a lost cause...
BC, you realize that you don't know nearly as much about Islam as you think you do, right?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

- posted      Profile for Counter Bean           Edit/Delete Post 
I have only read the Koran, and the Book "The Truth About Mohammad" with its references to the other books the Muslims use. (and the Bible) more I do not need. I, unlike you have no need wade further into it.

The fact that you did and then corrected your error makes you an opportunistic hypocrite for defending it, both attempting to shut down debate from the position of your 'authority' without explaining the deep personal reasons you feel this political entity is hopelessly flawed, and not suited to you.

Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I, unlike you have no need wade further into it.
Just a thought: it would help you appear less ignorant and might make you slightly less hostile to Muslims.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

Perhaps my time would be better spent developing a working knowledge of phrenology?
Posts: 231 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
It is impossible to seem MORE ignorant, you see...
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Perhaps my time would be better spent developing a working knowledge of phrenology?
If you invested as much time in insulting phrenology as you did Islam, Democrats, liberals, and basically anyone who doesn't toe your line, it might make you appear less of an assinine blowhard if you bothered to better inform yourself of their opinions and motives, sure.

It's clear to everyone by now that you have no interest in not behaving like a jackass, but if you became better informed you might actually be able to compose an argument that persuaded anyone that didn't already agree with you of anything, except maybe what time it is.

Hatrack is better off without you. You certainly don't make it more 'interesting', rather it's decisively less interesting and more annoying with you in it. Nothing you've ever said that I can recall has been particularly original-I could for the same price sign up to be on a mailing list of any number of far-right frothing conservatives and get the same drivel.

Maybe even I could get some illegal medication from your drug-addicted hypocritical friend, Rush Limbaugh, while I was at it. Chortle at that, Bean Counter.

But why not chortle somewhere else? You aren't welcome. You're not wanted. You're not doing anything to further the opinions you believe in.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Troll food.
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Counter Bean
Member # 10176

Chortle
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
*shrug* He's getting plenty of food already, Will B. And from people actually (on the face of it, anyway) taking him seriously.

------------------

I can always appreciate a Rush Limbaugh fan. The irony is amusing.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Check out the ad at the bottom of this screen.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz B
Member # 8238

- posted      Profile for Liz B   Email Liz B         Edit/Delete Post 
"A real woman like you created the next Dove ad?"
Posts: 834 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting

Are you an Indian?
Looking for an...Indian Match?

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.