FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 900000 Posts

Author Topic: 900000 Posts
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty impressive, eh?
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Pft, wake me up at 1,000,000.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Count again. You've only got 588 posts.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
900thousand+posts.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
not me, the forum.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
That number keeps going up and down. Old threads are periodically deleted.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I just assumed that RunningBear was talking about Tom. Or rivka.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how much disk space the forum database takes up.

Do threads just get deleted when they end up at the bottom of the last page?

I guess I should go save some for posterity...

Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
I just assumed that RunningBear was talking about Tom. Or rivka.

Hey! I'm not second! I'm not even close!

And I can stop any time I want.

*twitch*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Crap. I have more than half of Rivka's posts. I need to slow down.
rivka
Member # 4859

[Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do threads just get deleted when they end up at the bottom of the last page?

No, from what I understand the last big delete was in 2003(possibly August, going from memory). The number of pages on the forum has grown since I registered in April of 04 has grown quite a bit but i forget what it was about then since I keep my settings only showing the last week. I am not sure how far back the deletes went since we still have some threads from before then, but not many. So save what you would like but we probably are ok.

Someone once said that the forum ran faster and searches worked better after that purge.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
The initial expectation post-purge (if I recall correctly) was to purge routinely, something like if a thread hadn't been updated in the last 6 months. But that never really was implemented. I think some people are happy that it wasn't, actually.

As for me, that was when I started to feel okay about deleting my posts. Planned deletion marked a real change in the feel of the forum for me -- from a static record to an more ephemeral conversation.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
For what it's worth, Sara, I'm not a huge fan of your deletions. [Wink]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

And he's not the only one.

(note lack of winkie)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.