FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Circuit City, I would like to introduce you to the Alphabet. (New Blog)

Author Topic: Circuit City, I would like to introduce you to the Alphabet. (New Blog)
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
Recently, I made the error of going to Circuit City to look for a very specific DVD. None of the other local video stores had a copy, and Circuit City's website told me they did. Unfortunately, I made the rather large mistake of not using the option to buy it online and pick it up at the store. After my trip there, along with the hour or so it took to find the said DVD, I will forever more buy online if I have to buy from them.

Why, you may ask?

For those of you who haven't purchased a DVD (or a video game or CD for that matter) from Circuit City recently, let me explain.

They don't alphabetize. At All.

They don't even make an attempt at it. Oh, they do have the usual division by genre, but apparently Circuit City doesn't find media sales very important. More...

Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
You write well. I enjoyed reading your blog.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they should just toss them all in a bin like Wal-Mart does with the 2/$11 videos so people can dig through them. [Roll Eyes]

I feel your pain, andi. My local Wal-Mart has changed their shoe department - again. Instead of grouping all the shoes by size, they now group by shoe style, then size. I wear ladies size 11 - not the most popular size. So when I want to find a pair of shoes, I have to look for a style I like, then look to see if it's available in my size. Allegedly, the size 11's are closer to the bottom shelves, but the last time I was there, the shoe sizes were all mixed up.

In the good old days I could go to my size, then look for shoes that I liked. Everything was there in one aisle, and they were easy to find. Kind of how they are at Payless Shoes, where I guess I'll be doing all my shoe shopping from now on.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

I hate those bins. If I can't find something I'm interested in within about 10 minutes of searching the top layer of videos, I'm not buying. I don't understand how people can stand there and dig through them.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tstorm
Member # 1871

- posted      Profile for Tstorm   Email Tstorm         Edit/Delete Post 
Whether or not a specific CC store alphabetizes its CDs and DVDs depends on the employees working there. They are suppose to be organized by category and alphabetized.

Lazy employees + stupid customers moving things around = no apparent alphabetical order.

I know, because I used to work there. In our store, things were pretty well organized. We even had a nice book with all the SKUs and titles for a reference. [Smile]

Posts: 1813 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

I don't know Tstorm, maybe that was the case when you worked there, but perhaps it's changed since. Or maybe your manager just didn't like the disorganization. Both CC stores in my town make absolutely no effort to alphabetize. I'm talking completely confused not it used to be in ABC order and people just moved it around and the employees didn't fix it. I'm talking they really do make no attempt. The CC in the next city over is the same way, and my brother tells me the stores in his city and state are the same way. That says to me that it's not a company policy. Stores that have a company wide policy on something like that generally follow it so that when people from the National Office stop by they don't get in trouble for not following it. There's a big difference between going into a store and seeing that customers have moved things around and it being very obvious that no one bothered to alphabetize at all.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.