FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » SF Bay Area hotel recommendation needed

Author Topic: SF Bay Area hotel recommendation needed
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be traveling to the Bay Area in early May for my son's college graduation. My daughters from the mainland will be driving in as well, along with possibly some other extended family. I arranged our flights from Hawaii yesterday.

I asked my son about hotels in the area, but he didn't have much useful information, so I hope some of you can give me advice.

I need a recommendation for a moderately priced hotel in the Bay Area. We're flying in and out of Oakland, and the school is in Atherton. I don't mind driving a reasonable distance. I'd really like to get a small suite, or at least a kitchenette.

I remember staying in a nice place near the SFO airport the night before I moved to Maui that had a kitchen and served some meals in the lobby every day - that place would be ideal, but I don't remember what it was called or where it was. My ex-husband arranged it and my sister dropped me off and we took a shuttle to the airport in the morning so I didn't drive at all. It was within walking distance of a post office, though. Does that sound at all familiar to anyone?

Anyway, if you could give me some advice, or perhaps a link to useful maps/travel sites, etc.

Mahalo plenty!

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seatarsprayan
Member # 7634

- posted      Profile for Seatarsprayan   Email Seatarsprayan         Edit/Delete Post 
I live on the Peninsula, and so I have no idea what the hotels are like anywhere around here. I can tell you a really nice hotel in Monterey...
Posts: 454 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
How about the Residence Inn in San Mateo? It's moderately priced and has a kitchen, and it's near the airport.

It's quite an easy drive from Oakland airport to San Mateo, as well. I always fly in to Oakland when I go to SF.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I saw that one on Priceline and showed the link to my daughter. We're pretty sure that's the one we stayed at in 2001. I think that's probably where we'll end up, but I wanted to check with my son to make sure.

It's easy to look at a map and think "yeah, that's not too far", but without some idea of the traffic and roads and such it's risky.

This is the first major trip I've planned in some time and with all the family coming from Hawaii, California, Idaho, Utah and possibly Washington, it's a bit stressful. But Sooooo exciting.

Thanks for your replies.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.