FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » In theory, if I were to visit California....

Author Topic: In theory, if I were to visit California....
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
....who would be available for lunch?

It would be around San Jose. And it would be next weekend or that following week sometime.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
In theory, I wish I could come, but that's probably too short notice for a weekend trip up the coast right now. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Awwww. [Frown] Even if it's a week from now?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in San Jose, pH. I could take some time for a lunch =)
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
Awwww. [Frown] Even if it's a week from now?

-pH

Unfortunately, yeah. We're paying off all our credit cards this month and it's given us less wiggle room in the budget than usual. If it was another week, I might be able to afford a train ticket up to see you with the kids during the week, or we could all drive up on a weekend. But since we are tight this month we are not going to have enough for that right now. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ: What would it take to get you up here and how can I help?
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Note: I really can't make any firm plans until after this weekend, which is (hopefully) when I'll know for sure.

-pH

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That's sweet, but you really don't need to.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Sure I do! I want to meet me some jatraqueras and I missed out on Rivka cuz she was way up in SF and I was sick.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We're paying off all our credit cards this month
Congratulations, KQ! [Big Grin]

I wish I were going to San Jose. [Frown]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Me too, Dag!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Thank you. [Smile]

Yeah, I've looked at schedules and it's really not feasible by train without an overnight stay, anyway (because I refuse to do two bus transfers with two small children.) And I'm definitely not up for an overnight stay alone with the girls right now. And a weekend would work best with an overnight stay, too, otherwise that's a lot of driving for a very short time spent there. But maybe it would be feasible later in the year? We could have a PixieCon and visit you up there some time in the fall, maybe? I'd say summer but I already promised to visit Boon in late June or early July-ish. I suppose late July, early August could work...

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
... be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

Also, keep a lookout for my heart. I left it in the San Francisco airport. I was transferring planes on the way to Japan and thought it would be best to leave it behind. But then on the return trip we came through Los Angeles!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Message Celaeno, Mike, esl, and anyone else who was at the rivka rendezvous?
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a chance that I'll be heading down to Santa Cruz that weekend, so I might be able to stop for lunch somewhere in San Jose on the way over.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
You know I would, but I've got concerts in Davis every weekend. Sorry! [Big Grin]
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
I missed out on Rivka cuz she was way up in SF and I was sick.

You were missed. I wish I'd had enough flex in my schedule to make it to San Jose.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
You're going to miss me, too. I'm here this weekend (in Palo Alto).

I'm going to be at Monterrey Bay Aquarium tomorrow if anyone wants to possibly run into me there. The program I'm interviewing with is paying for a trip to the aquarium.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Monterey Bay Aquarium! I love that place. Unfortunatley, I don't have the time to drive down tomorrow.

pH, I'm across the street from San Jose, and I'd love to meet you. I'm really flexible during the week but not so much over that weekend. If you'd like to meet up, just let me know, and I'll see if I can make it.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:

Do they really do that in California? I love it.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I have to talk to my professors (and see what happens this weekend). If I end up going, it will either be for all of next weekend plus the following week or the first or second half of that time frame. I'm not sure yet.

-pH

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Originally posted by Euripides:
quote:

More in Hawaii.
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:

More in Hawaii.

I must have been in the wrong parts of Honolulu then, when I attended summer school there. A crying shame.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, sure, you can go to California but won't make a short 5 hour drive to Tally for some harmless fun and gingerale. AND you didn't call me last night when I was waiting expectantly by the phone. I see how it is.

[Razz]

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
Oh, sure, you can go to California but won't make a short 5 hour drive to Tally for some harmless fun and gingerale. AND you didn't call me last night when I was waiting expectantly by the phone. I see how it is.

[Razz]

"Harmless?" Well, of COURSE I'm not going to drive over there if it's "harmless!" [Razz]

-pH

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

More in Hawaii.
I actually did it in France quite a bit when I was in Brittany. Sigh. Those were the days, my friends.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
quote:

More in Hawaii.

I must have been in the wrong parts of Honolulu then, when I attended summer school there. A crying shame.
I see it more from weddings, and other formal-ish events, from pics of my friends in Hawaii.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
San Jose is 8hrs away from me, sorry love.

Come to San Diego instead!!!

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.