FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Keepsake (the adventure game)

Author Topic: Keepsake (the adventure game)
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I have just recently downloaded the two demo versions of Keepsake (go here for German or French language version) from Wicked Studios. Has anyone else played this? (Has everyone already heard of it, and I've been living in a box? [Smile] )

It has simply stunning graphics, an intriguing plot set-up, and some interesting puzzles. Many of the elements resonate with me in some unconscious Jungian way: the dappling of light through the tree leaves, the Harlequin doll, the wolf, the checkerboard-patterned floors, the deep bay windowseats. I love it. It's like my own personal Giant's Drink-ish Fantasy Game.

----

Edited to add: For those who haven't heard of it, it is very Myst in feel. You are alone (except for a wolf companion) exploring an intricate setting -- in this case, a huge training school castle rather like Hogwarts. There is also a scent of Firefly here in my mind, though I can't figure out why. Maybe because in the intro, you see all the students sitting at their desks suddenly dry up and blow away, a'la one of the scenes in Serenity.

[ March 10, 2007, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Game Over Review
UHS Review

and, for contrast, the most negative review I could find:
AmpedNews Review

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.