FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me find the title of this Elvis Costello song

Author Topic: Help me find the title of this Elvis Costello song
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
I heard it on the radio, I think it may have been called Little Big Pill, but I couldn't find it in a google search.

Anyone familiar with any Costello songs that has a chorus that goes "Little big Pill, oh bop bop be da bu bay, oh bop bop be da du bay" or something like that?

A song name and what album it's on would be nice

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Pills and Soap? (Punch the Clock)
The Big Light? (King of America)
Little Palaces? (King of America)

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I think you might mean My little Blue Window

the actual lyric in that one is "My lovely hooligan, come by and smash my pane" but I could see how it could be misinterpreted as little big pill.

If you can elaborate at all I'm familiar with pretty much everything he's done so I can probably figure it out.

edit: That's from "When I Was Cruel"

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gecko
Member # 8160

Thanks for the help, folks. I listened to each one of the songs listen and they're not it.

I'm almost positive he's saying "little big pill," he says is a bunch of times throughout the song and it's kind of like a chorus. The song itself has a pretty quick tempo, so no slow songs, and he scats a little in the piece too.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmm
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

Oh I know, I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner because it's my favourite Elvis Costello song.

Is it Battered old bird from Blood and Chocolate?

The lyric is "There's a place where time stands still if you keep taking these little pink pills"

There's a faster alternate version of the song too if that turns out to be a sticky wicket.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gecko
Member # 8160

YES YES YES! That is the song.

You, sir, are DA MAYNE!

ty [Smile]

Gecko
Member # 8160

BTW, is the alternate version on the same album or on some remastered special edition one?
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

Thanks, they're both on Blood and Chocolate, a wonderful album if you ask me.

Any particular reason you were seeking it out, or did you just like what you heard?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.