FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ender has been found!!!!

Author Topic: Ender has been found!!!!
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/905
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a very female-looking Ender. Perhaps it's actually Valentine?

And I thought this thread might have been casting news. [Grumble]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
That was pretty amazing. Is she really just three? I thought the high chair might be a trick to make her look younger. Never mind the mental processes, that hand-eye coordination was impressive in and of itself for a child that age. But hey, not that a year or two would make the accomplishment any less impressive!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet!
My Bro Joey could solve the cube in less than a minute in his hayday.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a little friend who took less than 2 minutes to solve them as a 4-year-old. Once you get the patterns it's not hard to do (for most people.) What was amazing is that no one taught him how to do it; he figured it out for himself.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
My best time ever was 76 seconds. But generally, it takes me about as long as it took the kid in the video. She was using set moves, it looked like, but the coordination was pretty amazing.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
One time I managed to solve the cube by peeling off and replacing all the stickers.

I was pretty much a child prodigy.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Carver
Member # 8173

- posted      Profile for SC Carver   Email SC Carver         Edit/Delete Post 
I solved it by taking it apart and putting it back together. But I quess it is just as impressive if you solved it by sticking to the rules. You know, in a "inside the box" sort of way. [Smile]
Posts: 555 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
The girl is actually 6 years old as described by the Chinese characters at the bottom. Whoever post the vid and wrote the description did not know what they were talking about.

The black characters at the top say, "Magic!" double edit: I read that wrong! It could be saying "magic cube!" or even "devil square!" Or it is most likely just he generally accepted closest translation to rubix cube. Rubix being a pretty hard word to translate into Chinese.

edit: You'd think they fact they wrote 6 instead of the Chinese "Liu" would have tipped somebody off.
http://driscoll.brookline.k12.ma.us/chinese/number%20chart%20300x500.jpg

[ March 14, 2007, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: BlackBlade ]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm not the only one who disassembled? LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I disassembled it a lot. I wasn't counting that.

One day, a guy named Mark came into my dorm room. A bunch of us were sitting around just talking, and Mark announced that he'd solved the Rubik's Cube. We were all pretty bemused, since Mark was pretty vociferous about his hatred of the toy.

So he tossed someone a cube and told them to mix it up for him. When they did, he placed it on the floor, went to the door, and came back with the -- I kid you not -- sledgehammer he'd stood up next to the door before coming in.

He was an engineer, so he probably should have realized that there'd be shrapnel in all directions. I'm not sure he cared, though.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:
One time I managed to solve the cube by peeling off and replacing all the stickers.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
If this were the first time this child had seen rubics cube, it might be significant. But once you have learned an algorithm for solving the cube, doing it fast is not great mental fete.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perplexity'sDaughter
Member # 9668

- posted      Profile for Perplexity'sDaughter   Email Perplexity'sDaughter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie:

[ROFL]
Posts: 55 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.