FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I got shot :(

Author Topic: I got shot :(
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
in a dream....

I only woke up when my body hit the floor. What happened was that i was in a restaurant, trying to order food, i have about 6$ CAD in my pocket, trying to order food, eventually though the cashier is getting really pissed at waiting for me to make an order so i order grilled cheese and fries.

I am about to sit down and eat when my friend Alex asks me to go into the bathroom and watch things, since a friend had walked into it and for whatever reason Alex wanted me to check up on him/her to make sure nothing bad happens. So I go in.

Inside theres a mirror, so I looking at the mirror when someone walks in from outside, I see him in the mirror so I turn around, as i turned around he in a subtle motion took out a gun and shot me. There was a moment where i didnt notice anything but then my brain noticed the bang, it felt like very... wird like something just impaled itself in my gut and like as if there was a void there and then i felt pain, and then I felt dizzy my body fell forward onto the ground and then I woke up.

I never even got to finish my meal [Frown]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same meal. The cheese was cold and the fries were like rubber.

You didn't miss anything.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
Good thing you woke up. It sucks trying to eat when you're dead.
Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite "getting shot" dream involved me laying as still as possible so the bad men would think I'm already dead (there was an explosion) but I heard foot steps coming up behind me and felt a sudden pressure on the back of my head as I saw the inside of my face as it was blown away from my skull.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that sounds freaky Pixiest. I've always been afraid of dying in dreams, ever since I saw the Charles in Charge episode where dream/pirate Buddy sword fights dream Charles and then cheats and pulls out a gun and tells Charles that if he dies in the dream, he dies in real life. Talk about a thriller! [Angst]

That lasted up until I died in a dream. I was sleeping in my room, which just so happened to be gigantic and right over the driveway with two large bay windows on either side, facing up and down the driveway. I hear a car pull in the driveway and go under my room and hear shots being fired. I get out of bed and look out of the window facing the street and see a guy holding a gun. He looks up at me and starts to aim at me, so I turn around and run for the opposite window, figuring, if I'm going to die, I'm doing it on my terms, not his. So I jump out the window and smash on the concrete below and everything blacks out and I've got this totally numb feeling all over my body. Then I wake up, find myself in bed and I am still numb over my entire body! That really freaked me out. Maybe I just got knocked unconcious in the dream, and if I had really died, I really would have died in real life. [Angst] [Angst]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I see him in the mirror so I turn around, as i turned around he in a subtle motion took out a gun and shot me.
You may have been able to avoid getting shot, but you were most likely distracted by his crotch. Blayne, you were killed by science.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
luckily a friend told me that since it was a gut shot i wouldnt technically die right away ild bleed to death over a period of several hours so its possible i didnt die since i woke up as i hit the floor although would shock kill me?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
The shock of hitting the floor? I doubt it.

You'd pass out before dying from blood loss, though. I wouldn't be surprised if [hitting the floor] is what knocked you out/woke you up.

--j_k, who edited for clarity

[ March 15, 2007, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: James Tiberius Kirk ]

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You know how they say that if you hit the ground in falling dreams you'll die in real life?

It ain't true.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I've died so many times and so many ways in my dreams that I'm durn glad that isn't true.

My nightmares are actually pretty kickin'. I wish I had steven king's writing skills cuz I'd be a bazillionair.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
My nightmares would usually involve copyright infringement.

I had a dream once where the whole town was slowly being converted to zombies. The only two people left were me and my brother, and then just me. I decided that since the whole town is zombified, I might as well be too, So I went into my front door to let my zombie family zombify me, because that seemed right. Well, I open the door to find out that my brother was Bart and my family is the Simpsons, all with the typical Simpson's zombie looks. Then in dripping green letters the words "Happy Halloween from the Simpson's!" appeared on the "screen" of my dream. Then the 'credits' started rolling in the same green letters showing in the background a wide view of a street in Springfield with a bunch of zombified Simpson's characters going about their business. That was an odd dream. Think it means anything? (besides that I watch too much TV)

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
It means that Matt Groening is going to sue.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I've had a bunch of dreams in which I've been shot. They're always pretty similar.

The shooter is anonymous.
I only get shot in the abdomen or leg.
Getting shot doesn't hurt.
No one wants to help me.
I run into one ex-boyfriend or another.
I spend the rest of the dream trying to get people to take me to the hospital.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamed the other night that the first 30 seconds of the theme to "Reba" played unendingly in my head for like an hour. It was torture.
Then I woke up and realized the TV was on and playing the menu screen for Reba Season 4 that I had just bought. Still, it was scary.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
You bought a whole season of Reba? And you weren't dreaming?!?

Now I'm not going to get any sleep thinking about that.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind dying in my dreams so much... I've gotten fairly used to it over time.

Now having someone else tell me that I die on a fairly consistent basis in their dreams is seriously disturbing.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
You bought a whole season of Reba? And you weren't dreaming?!?

Now I'm not going to get any sleep thinking about that.

I can't help it, I think it's hysterical. To be honest, I would have bought Scrubs, but it's way too expensive. When the price drops by like 5-10 dollars for some of those seasons I'll start getting it, but until then, Reba! I'm glad that Frasier Season 9 is finally coming out, and 10 soon after, I can finally complete that collection.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.