FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What fool can't you abide, locally?

Author Topic: What fool can't you abide, locally?
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
For myself, I'm not very fond of our landlord, who isn't that bright.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*must...resist...temptation*
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Fool? Fools.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Too late!
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
he still aggravates you? I've started to pity him, myself. Oh well.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto everything everyone has said.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by katharina:
*must...resist...temptation*

I know. The irony, it BURNS!

ow!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I can think of a couple, but I'm in positive mode today, so I'm keeping my own counsel [Smile]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Drivers. Every single one of them.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
People who cycle slowly infront of me on the cycle path. Isn't it obvious that I am the fastest thing on two wheels and that all should clear a path for my passing?

Apart from that I think I *am* the local fool.

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if the opening post is against the terms of service, but it is certainly in exceedingly poor taste. Why don't you show some class and delete this topic, KOM?
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think of that. I assumed he was talking about the landlord of the place where he lives.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I must say I don't think it is either in poor taste, or against the TOS. There have been plenty of "What do you hate?" threads before. Are you perhaps thinking of 'locally' as referring to Hatrack? My intention was to dobie the food thread, so I needed the 'locally' to match the titles.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

Oh! You thought I was talking about OSC! No, no, no, I disagree with the man but to say he's "not very bright" would not match the facts. No, as kmb says, I was referring to the actual landlord of my apartment.
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I realized it was a dobie, but yes, I thought you were talking about OSC. If you weren't, I withdraw my objection.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
The fools that think that since they're paying me for a service, I'll jump through every hoop they put in front of me.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

I am becoming more and more frustrated with bicyclists who refuse to obey the rules of the road. You have to stop at a 4-Way stop, just like the drivers. You can't all just blow through the stop sign, almost causing several accidents, and pretend it's OK! [Mad]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

Yes, well, maybe if you lazy-ass drivers had to pay for acceleration with your own atrophied thigh muscles, there'd be less pollution in the world and we'd all be happier.
MightyCow
Member # 9253

If I didn't drive, I'd make an effort to pollute more to make up for it. I'd be happy either way. [Smile]

Still, if you want to drive on the road, obey the rules.

Will B
Member # 7931

- posted      Profile for Will B   Email Will B         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ElJay:
I realized it was a dobie, but yes, I thought you were talking about OSC. If you weren't, I withdraw my objection.

That wouldn't have occurred to me.

Recommended reading: The Fool Killer. The boy narrator is very afraid of this legendary figure, especially when he takes up with a sort of loopy old guy. He figures, me and the old man in the same place -- how could the Fool Killer pass up a temptation like that?

Posts: 1877 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
Kwame Kilpatrick, Jennifer Granholm. Both are fools that the fools in this state kept in office to perpetuate the foolishness in this state.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
I am becoming more and more frustrated with bicyclists who refuse to obey the rules of the road. You have to stop at a 4-Way stop, just like the drivers. You can't all just blow through the stop sign, almost causing several accidents, and pretend it's OK! [Mad]

I agree. Nothing burns me more than idiot cyclers that get in the turn lane to turn like a car, expect to be treated like a car, despite the fact that if I hit them like a car they will be obliterated. Then they have the nerve to blow through other traffic signs and regulations without regard for the laws. I've got 2 tons of metal around me. You've got a plastic helmet and spandex shorts. Do the math.
Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Was it here or on Sake that Dag had the Laser Beam Survivor thread? I would look for it, but I'm too dang lazy. That was an awesome thread.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't suffer fools? Well, if I'm lucky, I can fire them.

Oh, who am I kidding. I am a sucker for fools, and in a display of requisite communal foolery, I help them and abide by their actions often!

I am nice to fools since I am worried I may be now or will wake up soon a fool in more than the prerequisite fields.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stihl1:
Kwame Kilpatrick

*runs and hides*
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Computer Illiterate folks.

Person to my brother: I need you to clear space from the computer so I can isntall the printer drivers.

Me Interjecting: Drivers are read from the CD, not copied onto the, there is no need to delete files to make room as the computer needs to be formatted anyways.

Person to my brother: I need you to delete some of your files.

Essentially ignoring me. [Frown]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a very, very tolerant person. I manage to abide just about anyone.

But if I had to choose...

People who:

-go slow in the left lane
-pass on the right
-choose the aisle seat, forcing me to walk over them to get to the middle seats
-buy SUVs when they don't need them
-don't appreciate what they have
-complain
-are wasteful
-can't parent their children
-are co-dependant/clingy
-are willfully ignorant

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I was half expected to see my name on the list ;p
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
-complain
But... But... to complain is one of the primary joys of living! With out complaining life would be some horrible mix of incredibly dull and amazingly stressful [Frown]
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

quote:
Me Interjecting: Drivers are read from the CD, not copied onto the, there is no need to delete files to make room as the computer needs to be formatted anyways.
Since this is basically gibberish, whoever it was was quite justified in ignoring you. [Smile]
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
People who persist in the idea that they know more about EVERYTHING than I do.

Especially when they know nothing about the subject.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
At 2 to 3 am nearly every sunday morning the people across the street and whatever company they had, have a very loud, full voiced goodby that lasts just long enough to bring me to full wakefullness, depriving me of the time it takes to get back to sleep; a process which took some real effort the first time.

And so, after a chapter or two and barely managing to get back to sleep for the briefest moment, the alarm goes off propelling me off to a drowsy twenty mile commute followed by a grumpy and red eyed twelve hours of work.

Wasn't there there a thread about laser beam eyes in situations like this. Laser Beam Eyes.

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.