FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Premonition *minor spoilers*

Author Topic: Premonition *minor spoilers*
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The message of this film is that we are all just puppets dancing on Time's strings, that trying to change things for the better will only bring about the very things we wish to avoid, and that we're all doomed to misery and death.

-That- I didn't need to spend nine bucks on. [Razz]

I've noticed a trend...first Sandra Bullock begins doing movies in which she always looks terminally depressed. Now she's doing movies in which she always looks depressed -and- gets clawed at while screaming and flailing about.

I predict that in her next movie she will spontaneously combust every 15 minutes.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this the other day. Horrible. I mean, unwatchable.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got this on video, and I think it's my favorite movie I've seen this year.

The key to the movie lies in why the daughter's face wasn't cut on Thursday.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Ew, ew, ew. I saw this because of Sandra Bullock. She hasn't quite lost all of her cred in my eyes, but almost. It was absolutely horrendous. Disjointed and poorly edited.

If you want to think that the daughter's face not being cut was significant and not just an error of editing, that's cool, but I don't give them that much credit. Even Bullock said that the movie was a mess.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I predict that in her next movie she will spontaneously combust every 15 minutes.
...and I'd still watch it...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
That movie....gar. I watched and walked out going, "Wait...why was I supposed to care again?"

I was hoping it would be something cool. Or at least not completely stupid.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a scene in the gag reel special features.

You'll know the one when you see it.

If they'd have left that in, this would have been my favorite movie ever.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I hated this movie as well. There was so much that could have been done with the premise but pretty much nothing interesting was explored.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

"That's just wrong." [Big Grin]

Wow, I'm surprised more Hatrackers didn't get it.

My husband didn't like it either. But all my siblings seemed to like it.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:

Wow, I'm surprised more Hatrackers didn't get it.

I got it, I just hated it.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get it, please explain. Why wasn't the face cut on Thursday?

I thought it was okay, but at the end... I mean, why would I invest all that time in the characters just for that ending?

Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Sure, she was responsible for her husband's death all along, but she got a last baby to love! Awwwww.

*gags*

solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
Rotten Tomatoes has it at 8%. That's one of the worst ratings I've seen there.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

The daughter's face wasn't cut, and none of the mirrors were covered. The point is, it was an alternate time line in which the husband was already dead. He dies either way. She didn't make him die.

The interesting thing is that on facebook/flixster the rating is 3 1/2 stars, because people either love it or hate it.

I like that it decided not to be Signs where the main character explains exactly what's going on. I mean, I liked signs anyway, but I felt like the line about the asthma should have been showed in a captioned balloon hovering over Mel Gibson's head.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
The daughter's face wasn't cut, and none of the mirrors were covered. The point is, it was an alternate time line in which the husband was already dead. He dies either way. She didn't make him die.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't work. The answering machine messages, notes in the trash can, and visit with the doctor show that she did the exact same things in the original time line, causing her husband's death. And she just repeated them like a robot, but this time she got a scarred daughter and a baby out of it instead of just the insane asylum.

Whee! Sucks. [Razz]

pooka
Member # 5003

All those things happened after.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.