FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » They're remaking Escape From New York!

Author Topic: They're remaking Escape From New York!
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/03/13/escape-from-new-york-remake-to-star-gerard-butler/

I have mixed feelings about this. First, I love this movie; second, I don't want to see its reputation tarnished by a lackluster remake.

I also can't see anyone else but Kurt playing Snake, his proformance was ****ing iconic, so iconic that Solid Snake from Metal Gear wouldn't be the bad ass that he is today.

Though Carpenter is apparently on board with the idea. He said he is interested in seeing Butler's interpretation of the Snake character.

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have Escape from NY on my Netflix list, I'm going to have to watch that again soon !
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
But... but... Why? Why must they insist on re-making EVERYTHING?!?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Gerard Butler. Hmmm. I think he'd make a good Snake.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
A few words come to mind. Dumb. Ridiculous. Unnecessary. Unoriginal. Boring. Blasphemous.
Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
Next comes Army of Darkness, ripping apart the very fabric of time and reality. No one can replace Bruce Campbell.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Gerard Butler? I heard he was dead.

quote:
Next comes Army of Darkness
It'd better not. If they do another Evil Dead movie, they damn well better make the sequel to Army of Darnkess first. Based on the director ending, not the S-Mart ending. The movie opens with Ash, stuck in a post-apocalyptic future for 15 years, trudging through a junk yard and the over-voice saying, "My name is Ash. I'm looking for a book."
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
They are remaking Evil Dead, I do believe.
Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gerard Butler? I heard he was dead.
Umm... well his character died in 300 [Razz]

Is my sarcasometer just off today?

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the original. Is that a bad thing?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching Escape from LA (The...ummm...lesser of two weevils...or would that be greater...well, the movie was pretty bad, aside from Snake kicking lots of butt) one day, when the Landlord was working on the bathroom. All of a sudden, he walks out of the bathroom, sits down, and just watches the last half of the movie with me. All the while I'm thinking..."Poor Merrill...He'll do anything to get away from his wife." [Big Grin]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
You realize that the prisoners in New York this time are going to be Wrongly Accused terrorists, enemy combatants, Muslims and political prisoners that a paranoid Cheney/Bush clone locks away--in other words expect the political propaganda on this one to be well over the top.

Kind of like in the original.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.