FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Youtube.com

Author Topic: Youtube.com
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
k, youtube is blocked but if found out that if you type in the IP I can get to it but for other people doing the same thing they can watch videos but mine seem to hang at loading... indefinately. [Confused]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Youtube is what now?

It's just fine for me.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, I think he means at his school or military facility or job or wherever he is (I don't pay attention) and he's bragging that he can get there.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

im not bragging how the frak did you get that idea, I'm explaining that youtube for some reason or other is blocked at my college and that I have found a way to be able to access the page but i still cant load the videos im asking if anyone knows a way to fix it.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Why would we conspire with you to knowingly violate your school's policies?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you contact the college server admins for advice, Blayne. I'm sure they'll be happy to give you some.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
KQ, I think he means at his school or military facility or job or wherever he is (I don't pay attention) and he's bragging that he can get there.

Well, I figured, but then he said it wasn't playing for him. So I was sayin' it was working for me, so I'm no help.

Sometimes when I'm reading Blayne's more obscure posts I feel like I'm talking to that unintelligible chicken farmer in Napoleon Dynamite, though...

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, dude, have you still not figured out that this is not the place to ask people to help you circumvent the rules and/or law?

There are thousands of other forums where people would be more receptive to your question.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Try going through a proxy server.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
It comes and goes for some reason for me. My office network had it blocked yesterday, but it is fine today.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
in this thread: we swap torrent sites and serial code generators.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Do that, and I think we can count the thread's lifespan in very short time intervals.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

One, Mississippi, two, Mississippi...

Like that?

rivka
Member # 4859

The precise length of the time intervals is difficult to predict, as it largely depends on the average distance between Pop and his puter.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder -- is sharing favorite torrent sites actually against the TOS of Hatrack?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlueWizard
Member # 9389

- posted      Profile for BlueWizard   Email BlueWizard         Edit/Delete Post 
The solution is simple, buy a modem (regular or DSL) and connect through a source other than your universities computer network.

Also, why does your college block YouTube? Is it because they can't handle the bandwidth of all those vidoes downloading? Is it because they object to the content? Is it because the univesity network is there for university work and not recreational?

Maybe understanding the problem would help you come up with a solution faster than trying to circumvent something the university has a legitimate right to do. It IS their network, and you are a guest on that network.

Though I must say that given the sky high price for college now days, one could say that you more than pay for that bandwidth and net access.

As others suggest, contact the network administrator and find out why YouTube is blocked. It may be that it is part of a collective block, that is, a large block of addresses as determined by some independant outside source, is being block. It's possible if they understand what YouTube is, they might unblock it.

Just a thought.

Steve/BlueWizard

Posts: 803 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I dont think the network admin likes be very much. But anyways I can understand them blocking it on their puters but im trying to view it on my laptop, during my freetime, in the student lounges I wish theyld be more selective in their bannings.
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
I wonder -- is sharing favorite torrent sites actually against the TOS of Hatrack?

Not sure. However, I believe it is in direct contradiction to the expressed wishes of the owner of this site. Regardless of whether it is spelled out in the TOS.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rivka:
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

Not sure. However, I believe it is in direct contradiction to the expressed wishes of the owner of this site. Regardless of whether it is spelled out in the TOS.
That's my thought. Legalese aside, it's plain what almost all torrent sites are designed to accomplish.

Then again, if one wanted to discuss a legitimate torrent site - like one where independent artists distributed their own music, or similar - I imagine that'd be different.

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Agreed.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.