FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Baseball 2007

Author Topic: Baseball 2007
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's that time of year again. Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, baseballs are flying at 90+ miles an hour. It's baseball season!

For my part I think the Red Sox are looking pretty good this season. While I think they could still work on their defense, the offense is looking very sharp and our pitching staff is incredible. Let's just hope that they can capitalize on such good players.

Opening day in 4 days.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's hope not.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
GO TIGERS!
Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Icarus, don't tell me you're a Yankee's fan! I don't think I can take that. Red Sox all the way, baby!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

quote:
Originally posted by Evie3217:
Icarus, don't tell me you're a Yankee's fan! I don't think I can take that. Red Sox all the way, baby!

Screw 'em both!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stihl1:
GO TIGERS!

RESTORE THE ROAR, GO TIGERS!!
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TimeTim
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for TimeTim   Email TimeTim         Edit/Delete Post 
Oakland A's all the way!!
Posts: 218 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not worried about our defense.

The Sox set the major league record for fielding percentage last year, and look how far that got them.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I am. While I'd like to see us back in the World Series, any year in which we finish above the Sux is not a total disaster.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Go Astros!
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

The Sux? Ouch Icarus. That cuts me deep *cries*
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Tigers news - star pitcher Kenny Rogers is out until July after having surgery on his throwing arm for a blood clot.

Not really a big deal considering how deep our pitching is, but it still sucks, as Rogers rocks!

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Go Cubs!

<- Cubs fan living in the middle of Red Sox Nation.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Tigers news - star pitcher Kenny Rogers is out until July after having surgery on his throwing arm for a blood clot.

Not really a big deal considering how deep our pitching is, but it still sucks, as Rogers rocks!

All that means is that Andrew Miller will be up in the big leagues as soon as the weather warms up.

Seriously, we've got so much pitching that this won't be that big of a deal. What makes me really happy is the signing of Carlos Guillen yesterday to a 4 year extenstion.

[Big Grin]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Very good news, Guillen is a key component to the team.

I'd love to see Miller come up and get some relief pitching experience on his way to being a future Tigers starter.

plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Red Sox-Yankees series this weekend! Yeah!! Now the season can begin! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! Yankees lost the first two... fun games though.

Neat profile of Manny Ramirez in the latest New Yorker. I liked this bit:

quote:
“I came up with the craziness of the Yankees in the seventies—the ‘Bronx Zoo,’ and Sparky Lyle and all of them sitting on cakes without clothes on. Manny was mild compared to what I had been used to.” In Cleveland, I pointed out, Ramirez used to walk into the video room naked to study tapes of pitchers. “Do you understand why I would see that as normal?” [Ray] Negron said. “He wasn’t sitting on a birthday cake.”

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
The tigers made it to the series last year.

Now this year they will win it!

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the year that the White Sox return to glory!

GO WHITE SOX!!!

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Sux? Ouch Icarus. That cuts me deep *cries*
Evie, the proper response would be: --I--

Repeat after me: there's no crying in baseball.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
GO RED SOX!!!

That is all.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.