FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Fratellis

Author Topic: The Fratellis
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
The Fratellis are an European import band. These lads are from Scotland, and they like to play fast, extremely-catchy rock music.

I discovered these guys yesterday morning watching VH1. They were showing music videos, and the video for their song Flathead came up on the screen. I slowly felt my fingers and feet begin tapping. It's catchy.

So, I decided to check them out on iTunes. I listened to the thirty second samples of the songs, and then I went to Wal-Mart and bought the CD. Call it a leap of faith.

Not disapointed. These guys are the most energetic band as of late. They don't care about complex chords or lyrics. It's very straight forward. You can tell that they're just in the music business to have fun making music.

Call it punk if you want. All I see is something that rocks.

I highly recommend this band.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Robot Lords
Member # 9228

- posted      Profile for Mighty Robot Lords           Edit/Delete Post 
they sound kool
Posts: 40 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Punk!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

It definitely has punk flavors. There's some Alternative. Even some Grunge in there. Either way, it's good. Got 3 out of 4 stars from Rolling Stone, and Entertainment Weekly gave it a B+. They're good.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how I feel about 'em yet. They're bouncy, but not quite good enough; they appear to be sustained entirely by goodwill and energy -- which is fine, but they should probably cut a minute out of each of their songs if that's what they're shooting for.

That said, they had enough potential that I immediately crawled YouTube for as many songs as I could. So they're like Pringles. [Smile] And "Whistle for the Choir" went on my playlist.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard that song at least 3 times before...and not from this band, if you know what I mean.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I think it's catchy in a good way. Not many bands can pull that sort of thing off. I've listened to the CD about five times now, and it ages well. I continue to find myself humming along.
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting this - I heard them on my radio and thought "okay, I've gotta make a mental note of them. I'll remember their name because it's the restaurant I used to like when I was a kid."

Of course, I inevitably ended up searching for a band named 'Three Brothers'. *bonks forehead*

I think I like this group [Smile] .

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Steve I thought you where died. ;O)
[Big Grin] [Razz] [Blushing] [Wink]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Kidd:
Hey Steve I thought you where died. ;O)
[Big Grin] [Razz] [Blushing] [Wink]

Why?
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't they kill off captian america
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SteveRogers:
These guys are the most energetic band as of late. They don't care about complex chords or lyrics. It's very straight forward. You can tell that they're just in the music business to have fun making music.

A challenger has a appeared!
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.