FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Antibiotic Question

Author Topic: Antibiotic Question
Mama Squirrel
Member # 4155

- posted      Profile for Mama Squirrel   Email Mama Squirrel         Edit/Delete Post 
Can long term use of antibiotics (on an anaphylactic basis) cause someone's immune system to be supressed or lower than a normal person's?

Here is why I ask. Many of you know that Mooselet, because of his urinary tract issue, spent most of his first year and a half of life on anaphylactic antibiotics. It seems like he stays sick and has fevers longer than our other two kids. Can there be a correlation?

Posts: 399 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Mama Squirrel, when there have been studies of longterm follow-up in children on prophylactic antibiotics, they did not find more than the usual numbers of infections. I know this may not address your concerns, but I hope the information is helpful.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.