FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Save the world

Author Topic: Save the world
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
My 7 yr old was feeling uninspired about picking and memorizing a monologue for an audition tape that he is sending out. I suggested that he make up one that meant something to him. I was so impressed with what he came up with that I just HAD to share.

If it ‘s so hard to save just one life, just think how hard it will be to save the whole world.

If one fish dies from overfishing, polluted water, or loss of natural habitat, a thousand fish are dying with it.

And so many different kinds of fish ARE dying, along with sea turtles, whales, and other sea creatures. The oceans must be very sick.

Ocean covers most of our planet and gives us our rain, our snow, our wind... our weather, and if the oceans are sick, the Earth is sick.

I don’t know how to cure the sickness. I don’t know if ANYONE knows how to cure the sickness. But I DO know that we have to try.

We are a part of the Earth and it is a part of us. If the Earth is sick, we are sick. If the Earth is dying, we are dying, and the ONLY way to heal ourselves is to heal the Earth.

If we can’t save the Earth, then we can’t save us, not even one of us.

-by Sequoyah Adams-Rice

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
How adorable.
And what great points.

Also his name is very, very cool.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
mimsies, it looks to me like you're doing a very, very, very good job at raising a wonderful boy. [Smile] Thanks for sharing. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
He should look into saving cheerleaders
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutsa Notha Name
Member # 4485

- posted      Profile for Jutsa Notha Name   Email Jutsa Notha Name         Edit/Delete Post 
That is better written than most naturalist media I have seen out there. After using it at the audition, sell it to Greenpeace or something.
Posts: 1170 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
man...I thought this was a Heroes thread.
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
That's beautiful. I agree with Justa Notha Name - it belongs on a poster or something.
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
That is incredibly impressive writing! I know many adults who cannot communicate so coherently as your 7 year old.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.