FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Geeks Rejoice: They Might Be Giants and Neil Gaiman

Author Topic: Geeks Rejoice: They Might Be Giants and Neil Gaiman
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.filter-mag.com/index.php?id=14211&c=1

quote:
The band are currently working on songs for the animated film Coraline, based on Neil Gaiman's short children's novel of the same name.
Yup. I'm excited.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaah!

Geekgasm!

*faints*

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm more excited about the film than the music. Some of TMBG's songs are awesome, some of them just make me go meh. I suppose it's true of almost any group, but it always surprises me how much I like some of their music, and how much some of it just annoys me.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
MightyCow, that's part of TMBG's appeal, to me. Every song is different. Every album is different.

It's not like, say, the B-52s or Phil Collins, who they seem to be doing the same song over and over and over . . .

It increases the chances you'll have a personal disconnect from a song or two (or five), but how many other bands would have songs like "O Do Not Forsake Me," "Nyquil Driver" and "End of The Tour" all on the same album?

Edit to add: Nothing against the B-52s or Phil Collins. I happen to like the song they each write. But I see no need to buy album after album after album of it.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
You make a good point, docmagik. I'd rather have an album with 3 great songs and 8 that I don't much care for than 11 pretty good songs that all sound the same.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, that's awesome news. TMBG rules.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.