FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me Hatrack - I'm in charge of a fashion show (need music help esp.)

Author Topic: Help me Hatrack - I'm in charge of a fashion show (need music help esp.)
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I've just been put in charge of organizing and emceeing a fashion show for spring fashions. It's part of a bigger event, organized around Mother's day. First of all, has anyone ever done this before? I'm kind of stressed, because I've never had to do something so major so fast, it's in early May. A local boutique is providing all the clothes, but I have to arrange models, get them fitted, organize delivery of everything, write all the copy that I'm going to say about each outfit, etc. Yikes!

I need music for the runway, when the models are walking. Needs to be upbeat, of course, and preferably having something to do with our theme. Yellow is the theme color and the fashion show is supposed to be "Sunny clothes for spring and summer". The only song selection I have so far is the obvious choice, "Walking on Sunshine." I need at least four-five more. The whole fashion show segment will be about 20 minutes.

[Hail] Help me Hatrack! You're my only hope!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd recommend "I'm Too Sexy", "These Boots are Made for Walking", "Mother", and "Afternoon Delight." [Big Grin]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Play Simon Says by Pharoahe Monch. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Um...guys...maybe I should mention it's a function sponsored by a church. "I'm too Sexy" is probably not appropriate. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Build me up Buttercup might work.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Um...guys...maybe I should mention it's a function sponsored by a church. "I'm too Sexy" is probably not appropriate.
Nor, I imagine, "Afternoon Delight". How about "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5?
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Would Yellow Submarine be too much?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

quote:
Originally posted by Belle:
Um...guys...maybe I should mention it's a function sponsored by a church. "I'm too Sexy" is probably not appropriate. [Big Grin]

I knew lots of people in church who were too sexy for their shirts. Just sayin' [Wink]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JumboWumbo
Member # 10047

- posted      Profile for JumboWumbo   Email JumboWumbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"Yellow" by Coldplay? Not exactly Runway material, but it fits the theme quite nicely.
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
"Closer"
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
"Mellow Yellow?"
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
"Summer Breeze" by Seals and Crofts? Is that right?

Anyway, I think the song itself would be perfect. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlt
Member # 10088

- posted      Profile for jlt   Email jlt         Edit/Delete Post 
To go for oldies, Brown Eyed girl, Celia ?
Posts: 130 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
What was that one song that said something about the "kisses of the sun"?
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
"Soak Up the Sun"?
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Were these the lyrics you were thinking of, Aod?
Even if they weren't Around the World is still a pretty good song. It's peppy, but still.. sort of slow and soft. I've got it if you'd like to listen to it, Belle.

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
"Good Day Sunshine"
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Louis Armstrong's On the Sunny Side of the Street

If you do Spring/Summer outerwear, consider Pennies from Heaven.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I know nothing about this, but my roommate, who is into fashion, suggests a group called Bond. They're mostly instrumental, and apparently rather upbeat. She also said that Cirque du Soleil soundtracks might be good, and some group called E.S Posthumous.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe "My Girl?"

I've got sunshiiine
On a cloudy day

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

OK, for serious this time: Lemon, by U2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ss5vKAABLc

Kind of catchy for a runway show, I'd say.

Not-serious: Sunshine of your Love [Wink]

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
If the show is based around Mothers' Day, does that mean it's just for mothers or mothers and daughters? If it's a girl thing you could always do Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
There are plenty of websites with runway music for the spring and summer. Just google:
"runway music" "spring-summer"

Probably hafta do a lot of listening to select what's appropriate for your venue. But then you can listen to the tracks as background while working on other aspects of the show.

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.