FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dream Cars

Author Topic: Dream Cars
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got the coolest promotional offer ever. I get to test drive a Ferrari 360 Spyder, BMW M6, Corvette Z06, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and the Lamborghini Gallardo coupe for 30 minutes each, by myself, on a series of deserted country roads. How freaking cool is that? Anybody have experience with these cars? I've never driven anything nearly as nice and am already half-jokingly planning on how to escape from the event organizers once I get on the open road. And now to watch Gone In 60 Seconds about a dozen times... [Cool]
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
you suck.

How the heck did you manage to get that offer?

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Strider:
you suck.

How the heck did you manage to get that offer?

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Heh, I know, I know. I'm an event manager and there's a company that is offering the same basic package for corporate and private events. They're giving all of the event planners in the area a chance to try out their cars for free, in hopes of us drumming up business for them.

Drive Your Dream. I didn't want to post that at first, cause I thought it might be viewed as spam.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Be careful! Before you know it, we'll be discussing the morality involved in driving a $100,000 car, when a $500 clunker will get you from point A to point B just as easily!

*ducks to avoid shrapnel from inevitable argument*

On a serious note, Vonk, I'd LOVE to have the chance to drive some of those cars, even if I'd never buy them. Lucky stiff!

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
*sputters*

I want to drive the Vette!!

My advice: Take sharp corners. Fast. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

Haha, yeah, but I have a feeling I might end up like this guy.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Just don't pull an Eddie Griffin.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that sounds incredible. Let us know which one was your favorite.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
What no Ford GT or Saleen S7? Id even settle for a 997 Turbo.

Weaksauce.

But really I'm drooling.

Oh, and then I clicked on the link. They DO have the cars I likey the most!

Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I'm holding out for this baby.

One day, my preciousss. They can't keep us apart forever...

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like way too much fun!! You have to be sure to tell us all about it! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krankykat
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for Krankykat           Edit/Delete Post 
30 minutes each. Sounds like a blast. What's happens if you lose track of time or "get lost" for a while?
Posts: 1221 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Krankykat:
30 minutes each. Sounds like a blast. What's happens if you lose track of time or "get lost" for a while?

That's when Tony sends "little joe" to have a talk with you 'bout additional... payment... options.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Krankykat
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for Krankykat           Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, "Lil Joey" da finance guy. :-)
Posts: 1221 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by vonk:
I just got the coolest promotional offer ever. I get to test drive a Ferrari 360 Spyder, BMW M6, Corvette Z06, Aston Martin V8 Vantage and the Lamborghini Gallardo coupe for 30 minutes each, by myself, on a series of deserted country roads. How freaking cool is that? Anybody have experience with these cars? I've never driven anything nearly as nice and am already half-jokingly planning on how to escape from the event organizers once I get on the open road. And now to watch Gone In 60 Seconds about a dozen times... [Cool]

V-8 Vantage. Wow. I want to be you when I grow up.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
Unless there's an Arial Atom on that list, I'm not interested!

[Razz]

Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.