FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What should I do.... Flash Project

Author Topic: What should I do.... Flash Project
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Make an RPG or a space flight combat sim with newtonian physics...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
Space flight combat simulator with Einsteinian relativistic physics.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
while relativity supercedes newton in most cases Newtons is still valid for push->shove
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qaz
Member # 10298

- posted      Profile for Qaz           Edit/Delete Post 
True but Einsteinian physics gets you noticed especially if you hit something.
Posts: 544 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Make an animated movie. Here's the plot: husband and wife are in a tent. Between them, their baby. They're on a camping trip, it's night. They're all cuddling together.

Wife: I love you.
Husband: I love you, too. This feeling (he smiles) is huge. I feel.... Expansive. Like a balloon floating to the ceiling; only filled with love instead of --
Wife: (laughs)
Husband: I know. But I love you. And this feeling.... There is nothing bigger than this feeling.

Suddenly the roof of the tent is ripped away and there is a giant monster with red glowing eyes who reaches down and gathers the family up into a huge black hand. They begin to scream and the monster pops them into its mouth and crunches a couple of times and it's eaten them, and the stars are bright above it's head, and it lumbers off into the woods.

Title Card: "Giant"

The end.

I just thought of that, but you can have it. It's my gift, sir, to you. [Smile] Uh, or make a video game out of it.

Somehow.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Make an RPG about a little boy who lives on a small island in a shack with his father. Somewhere on the island are the graves of his mother and sister, and the unmarked grave of a Police Investigator. His father is taking a nap with his trusty ax. There's a shovel in the basement. The boy's dog is running around the island yapping. Can the little boy keep the dog quiet, sneak into the basement and get the shovel, dig up the body of the police investigator to get a communication device to signal the police to come save him? All without waking up his father?

If his father wakes up, he runs around hacking the ax at the little boy, trying to kill him.

The unspoken secret subtext is that the father killed the family and the policeman who came to investigate, and is a homicidal maniac.

I mean, read between the lines.

You can have that one, too. That's another gift.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for the flight combat sim. I've always wanted to play one with accurate space physics.
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.