FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Everything Christian for Less! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Everything Christian for Less!
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Euripides:
Please explain. I know many atheists who have all of these things.

If you really believe that, then I cannot explain.

quote:
Originally posted by kmbboots:
stihl1,

You don't and I don't; others might.

They might think they do, but they don't.

The assertion was that atheists get all the happiness that christians get, for less work. This is not true at all. In this world, and certainly not in the next.

Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
In MY hypothetical next world, only atheists get the helper monkeys.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stihl1, from 2 diff. posts:
Who needs a war? Just park a couple of nukes in downtown Tehran and watch chaos ensue.

Frankly, I think a good nuking and the horrors that ensue is more than overdue. It would bring home a reality check to these idiot nations that think it's cool to push the US's buttons on these issues, and refresh people just how bad a nuke will screw them.

Yes, stihl1, if only atheists realized how refreshing a good nuking is, they would convert post-haste to obtain that serenity that you are such an examplar for.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

quote:
Originally posted by Morbo:
Yes, stihl1, if only atheists realized how refreshing a good nuking is, they would convert post-haste to obtain that serenity that you are such an examplar for.

Next time, you should look for my posts about how Obama is an islamic sleeper agent. Those are much more effective. If, that is, you continue to miss the context and tone those are posted in as well.
Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
In MY hypothetical next world,

Is that how you rationalize hell?

Just wondering.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to imagine a less productive conversation.

So far, I've got nothing.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
We could bring up abortion.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

You claim that atheists are not as happy as Christians. I was just wondering if along with the joie de vivre you get a healthy desire to spread radioactive death far and wide.

You seemed very serious that you think "a good nuking and the horrors that ensue is more than overdue." Were you joking? No one on that thread thought so. If I missed tone or context so did every one else. In fact, several others were horrified at that post. link

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
In MY hypothetical next world, only atheists get the helper monkeys.

Ahem...virgin helper monkeys. Just thought I should clarify that detail. It makes all the difference, really.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
Or I could join. [Smile]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

quote:
You claim that atheists are not as happy as Christians. I was just wondering if along with the joie de vivre you get a healthy desire to spread radioactive death far and wide.

You seemed very serious that you think "a good nuking and the horrors that ensue is more than overdue." Were you joking? No one on that thread thought so. If I missed tone or context so did every one else. In fact, several others were horrified at that post. link

Of course they were. That's what happens on Hatrack. It's almost as predictable as the inevitable atheist attack that will show up in any religious thread.

And you're just further illustrating that.

Euripides
Member # 9315

- posted      Profile for Euripides   Email Euripides         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stihl1:
quote:
Originally posted by Euripides:
Please explain. I know many atheists who have all of these things.

If you really believe that, then I cannot explain.
Funny that.
Posts: 1762 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
My second-favorite religious kitsch: the Popener.
My all-time favorite religious kitsch: when I was in Israel in 1991, I came across someone in the street outside the Church of the Nativity selling lovingly-rendered little "bronze" figurines of Jesus and Moses duking it out over the Ark of the Covenant for $4 apiece.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

At least he's honest.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

I give up stihl1. I'm neither atheist nor Christian, sorry I don't fit in your illustrated pigeonholes.
stihl1
Member # 1562

quote:
I give up stihl1.

Okay.
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

The assertion was that atheists get all the happiness that christians get, for less work. This is not true at all. In this world, and certainly not in the next.

Possibly I'm deluding myself, but I'm pretty dang happy, and I get to sleep in on Sunday. As far as I'm concerned, that's a win-win. [Smile]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm pretty dang happy, and I get to sleep in on Sunday.
Hey, me too!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

quote:
Originally posted by MightyCow:
quote:

Possibly I'm deluding myself, but I'm pretty dang happy, and I get to sleep in on Sunday. As far as I'm concerned, that's a win-win. [Smile]
But is it a win-win-win? Ask yourself that.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.