FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Making Good Flyers:

Author Topic: Making Good Flyers:
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
I need to print out some flyers, but that means I have to write them first. I would use Photoshop to do it, or something similar, but my current computer frankly stinks. It doesn't have any fancy software -- it doesn't even have microsoft word!

I want to create a nice product, as the first impression is the sole impression. Anyone familiar with any methods or of any free software online that makes organizing a flyer easy?

Thanks.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
If it's important enough to spend a little money on, you might check your local copy store to see how much it costs to rent computer time. They frequently have computers with various graphics and layout software and you could probably get the flyer done for $10 or so.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually used the microsoft office wizard just the other day, and with a little tweaking, they came out really well...
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
GIMP is a free image editor that can work very well for something like that.

It's not strictly a graphic design tool, so it's certainly not the easiest way. It also has a fairly steep learning curve. But I use it for my flyers and they come out pretty well, I think.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice; I'll try the above approaches, and hopefully something will work.
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Making Good Flyers
The key is a high thrust-to-mass ratio.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
What's the flier for?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Thrrrrrrust!!!

I've done flyers on MS Powerpoint. Just had to make sure the slide size was set to the width and height of a sheet of papper, or else there would be a big border around it. Also, try not to make them too busy. Make the most important information you want to convey pop out.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
Try Microsoft Publisher, if you have it.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn. I saw this thread title and thought this was going to be a discussion about hovercrafts. [Frown]
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.