FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Lost (A Season 3 No Spoiler Thread)

Author Topic: Lost (A Season 3 No Spoiler Thread)
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Except 24, I neverr watch TV anymore. I usually get the box sets after the season's over.

With Lost, I've been trying insanely hard to stay spoiler free for this third season.

But I am curious. Without details, how's this season been going?

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, except for that part about the President being assassinated, it's been pretty good.
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been enjoying it for the most part. I think I like it more than I liked the second season. Of course this may be because I watch the show for the mysteries/questions and the third season has been answering some while introducing even more.
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
The Locke character is a lot more interesting this season, which is to the betterment of the show as a whole, I think.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for giving me this thread where I can read and post -- I've had to avoid all the Lost threads although I'm dying to read them.

I've been watching Season 1 on dvd since January, and just started Season 2. However, my addiction has been getting worse and I'm afraid I'm going to finish Season 2 long before Season 3 is out on dvd! And then I'll have to wait a whole year for Season 4 because I'm not home when it's on, I don't have dvr and I never have been one to try to set a VCR to record while I'm away!

anyway, I should probably leave now before people start posting Season 2 spoilers.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
This season has ups and downs. It started out ok, then got worse, but has picked up a bit recently.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Thanks to those who've posted. With 24 letting me down, I was leaving hope that this would be good.

Locke's my favorite castaway besides Mary Ann, so word that he's getting interesting makes me smile.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the middle of the season was absolutely terrible, but it really has gotten better lately. I'd say it's worth watching.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Season three was split in to two segments. The first was so-so, but some mysteries were answered fairly well. The second half has been great. It has combined character development with answers to a few mysteries quite well.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's horrible. I say this as a big fan of the show; I couldn't be more disappointed. They never seem to solve the mysteries they've created, instead they just keep adding more mysteries. And the show becomes more absurd with each additional layer of nonsense they pile on. Whenever they do answer a question, it's always in a way that tells you: That particular question wasn't really important to begin with. But here's the answer. And three more questions! Try to keep up. I've gone from thinking it was one of the best TV shows ever to thinking it's one of the worst.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

My wife hates Lost.

Her attitude about it is summed up in this old post from my blog. I basically wrote the "Lost" part of that joke for her.

Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Uprooted (and others), you can watch this season's episodes on the ABC site after they've aired. Having a faster internet connection helps, but the episodes are broken up into 3(?) parts so you don't have to download the entire thing at once.

I watched seasons 1 & 2 on dvd as well, and I was watching this season on TV for a while, but my work schedule made me miss quite a few of them. I keep meaning to watch those online, but now I'm so far behind that I'd almost rather wait till they come out on dvd so I can watch them all in a nice big marathon.

TL, from what I've seen of this season, I tend to agree, although not in terms as strong as yours. [Wink] But I'm still hopeful that what I've missed might redeem some of the silliness I saw.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qaz
Member # 10298

- posted      Profile for Qaz           Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the first half of Season 3. Most people didn't like it as well as 1 or 2, and I didn't either, and I stopped watching. But I will buy Season 3 when it comes out.
Posts: 544 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.